Misery Business

22 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

 I have been missing summer quite a bit this week, I always say I prefer winter but that's because I like snow. Wind, hail and rain are a few elements I'm not too crazy about. I'm also convinced that the weather is affecting my mood. The rain does make me happy, for example; yesterday, I got caught in a downpour that felt more like a shower outside and I didn't hate it even though it was unbearably cold. The clouds do dampen things a little bit so I decided to brighten my mood by brightening my outfit. Summer is a great time of year for me as I can wear plenty of different bright summer colours that contrast but compliment my skin tone. Even though I occasionally resort to black, adding a touch of colour never hurts. Today I'm wearing a really basic skater dress that I had made to fit to play the centre piece for the whole look. The solid colour is enough for the whole ensemble so I chose to stick with black accessories. The dress has two pleats rather than a gathered elasticated waist. And of course, the dress contains jersey, my favourite dress fabric. This week I have also really missed my Converse. I don't wear them as often as I used to, but after spending the morning in these hi-tops my feet are very happy. Underestimating to comfort of quality shoes is something I'll never do again!
Dress - made for me // Jacket - Miss Selfridge // Shoes - Schuh // Bag - TK Maxx

8 comments

  1. Love this outfit, I definitely think we should wear brighter colours in the Autumn :) xx

    A Fashion Tale // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! It's fit you perfect!
    http://adelinaschoice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that colour on you! :)

    http://modernaudreyh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beauty Anika, you look gorgeous x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and jacket combo

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit! im following you and looking forward to more stuff.
    check out my blog i just started :)

    http://shinkusara.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne