Girly Biker

14 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Today's outfit is very daring. It may not seem so at a first look, but it's very cold and windy outside so it's pretty daring for me. Fortunately, the wind isn't too strong so I don't have to worry about any Monroe moments but despite today's outfit being coat-less I'm still warm enough. The magic is all in the undergarments. My top is rather cosy, as it's made of a knitted fabric that contains tiny traces of wool which keeps me warm, but underneath, I'm wearing a basic black vest top, made of a thermal fabric so I don't feel the chills. Little outfit pieces like this are essential for me this season because I'm always complaining about being cold. They're excellent for layering, and a lot of the time, you can buy the fabric and make up a tank top yourself rather then buying an overpriced product. I'm a dress and skirt person, and I love to wear them no matter what time of year it is so heat-holding clothing is my calling. As today's look is quite girly, I'm wearing my favourite faux leather combat boots with a zipper and lace fastening. I've found that these boots pair well with everything because of their colour, which I'm calling off-black and the fastenings can be altered to create different styles. For example, if I pull the laces a lot tighter like today, they resemble calf boots which is the look I was going for. To finish my outfit, I'm carrying my 'everyday' handbag from Next.
Top - Next // under vest - made for me // skirt - made for me // boots - Brantano // bag - Next

27 comments

  1. Love this outfit! The detailing on he top is lovely :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great try on colors, so brave, and yes, MONO is gonna be a trend again. I am Royal Wang, would you like to be my reader?

    http://www.fashionculturediary.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit looks good, love the stocking and the skater skirt (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog lovely!! Love the skirt!!

    Strawberry Shortcake | Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute look. Love your skirt. xx

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty outfit!! The way the pictures came out, it doesn't seem like it is even cold where you at.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do look so cute in the flouncy skirt, and I'm glad you didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely look - the sweater is beautiful and looks so cosy! X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute outfit! :) You have gained a new follower :) x

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! The top is so great <3 x
    Trend-Mae

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely outfit! Perfect for autumn! Love that top! x Laura

    styleandsushi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually really like that

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous outfit! I especially love the boots, really lovely! xx

    www.eleanorbroome.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very cute and chic look :)'
    xoox
    Emina

    www.fashionbyemina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely style - would love it of you could check out my latest hair & beauty post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! I love that white sweater on you!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit :) I love skater skirts. You have lovely hair too x

    xbeccabe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sweater is too cute! I love a great black and white ensemble!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Im inlove with your outfit! I love everything from head to toe <3

    Anyway dear, i am inviting you to join my giveaway here
    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that skirt so much - and you're right, it is daring!
    x Justina // abentpieceofwire.com
    ps. I'm trying to step up my bloglovin' game - help a girl out?

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely look!
    xoxo
    anjage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this look!

    http://fashionstargate.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this look so much!

    Carolyn
    x

    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne