The Wild Brunch

15 October 2014 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

For the first time today, I'm going from brunch. Being completely honest, I have absolutely no idea what kind of food you would eat at brunch but I know food will definitely be there so I'm eager to attend. I'm from West Yorkshire, and we're a broad breed of people who eat whatever whenever so I'm actually quite excited. There's something about eating out that makes food taste so much better. The huge shopping mall in Leeds named Trinity Leeds has an entire section inside called Trinity Kitchen which is almost as magical as Red Hot Buffet. There's just so much food! Over the years I have really become a food enthusiast and I don't really know how. And now that I'm technically an adult with a wage, I know the value of a British Pound and treasure good food when I can. I would class brunch as quite a casual event, I don't think there's any need to dress up too much and I also know that I'll be going to a restaurant that's incredibly relaxed in the city centre. Skater shoes have become a wardrobe favourite for me because I can pair them with anything and they instantly look relaxed. As my dress and attire is very colloquial, I added these all-black shoes for a touch of formality yet laid-back feel - plus, I really like wearing them with dresses or skirts. Choosing all-black accessories was intentional as I wanted most of the focus of today's look to be on my dress. It's one of my favourites because the stretchy jersey fabric is incredibly cosy and it has splashes of velvet colour, my favourite fabric. I've found this dress to be the ultimate go-to for an easygoing ensemble. 
Dress - made for me // Cardigan - made for me // Bag - market in Salou // Shoes - Brantano

17 comments

  1. Love a good brunch! Hope you enjoyed it! You look amazing in the dusky purple colour

    Thankyou for visiting me and you have a new follower x

    www.aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this dress is amazing , I love colors on it , total outfit is perfect
    please also check out my blog
    http://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress !! And i love the place where you took the pictures !!
    www.rizarelrizzo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look, love the dress ^^


    http://aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful. Love the dress and that color is just perfect for fall.

    Kreyola Jounerys | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress and that bag is life

    check me out

    xx
    tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dress !
    The pattern is gorgeous :D
    I have always wanted to go for brunch !
    I might make a plan for one in the near future :)
    Launa x
    Sprinkles & Ink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is so pretty! I love brunch it's the best meal x
    eleanor's adventures // UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty dress, it looks absolutely lovely on you! It really does stand out, you did an awesome job pairing it with everything else. A pretty, yet not overly fancy, dress is the perfect attire for brunch, so you did great! And OMG as someone who loves food with an overwhelming passion, I can say you are just going to love brunch. It's my very favorite meal, I try to go to brunch every weekend. It's not only a great de-stresser time, but also a chance for my husband and I to sit down and talk about all the things that have happened during the week. PLUS the food is the best. You can have straight up breakfast food if you want, straight up lunch food too, or you can combine the two which is my favorite! I love getting Croque Monsieurs because they are a more lunch-y version of the Croque Madame. I could seriously go on and on and on about brunch. It's a problem, but a really delicious one. I can't wait to read what you thought of brunch!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the print on this dress! I live in Leeds, Trinity is amazing isn't it! So many nice places to eat.

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely and the prints oh so pretty.

    www.milallos.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne