Drop-Waist Winds

6 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

As someone who likes to wear dresses as much as possible, I've had my fair share of Marilyn Monroe moments. Dresses are very easy to style, and I'm incredibly lazy which is the only explanation why I've taken such a liking to them. It's getting so much cooler out, previously we still had the occasionally sunny day but the frost is slowly creeping in and taking over. Tights have become an essential and leaving the house without some sort of cover up is a risk I'm not willing to take. The wind has also begun to pick up, and as I live in the North, it's always way worse. Although autumn and winter are my favourite seasons in the year, I don't really like being cold - not the best combination. The wind can make it almost impossible for me to wear my favourite dresses because they just blow up, especially the skater style. But this drop-waist dress, which I'm slowly getting used to seems to be doing the trick. I can still wear my favourite style of dress without unintentionally flashing strangers in a train station. At some point in time, I have been told that your head always needs to stay warm and this is something that has stuck with me for a while. Beanie hats are a go-to for autumn and this sloppy cotton hat is an excellent autumnal colour. The berry red adds a little splash of colour to my outfit while still keeping the whole ensemble simple and comfortable. 
Dress - Topshop // cardigan - Primark // hat - Matalan // pumps - Next // bag - Next

5 comments

  1. love the cute dress! I love these kind of dresses you can just throw on for a casual look :)

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. The love outfit and the new background

    Check me out!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dresses are lifesavers for when you wanna look good but don't wanna put so much effort, so nice to see you in outside pictures!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really a fan of the 'drop waist' trend, but this looks so so nice on you! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne