Gaiety Greyscale

7 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Anything grey is usually seen as dull and gloomy, but I think the exact opposite. Take Armani's A/W 14 collection for example. Even though the selection did include the occasional splash of green, grey was a significant colour. The designer does have a history of elegant simplicity. "Grey is a transversal, adaptable and even a sensual colour that conveys a natural elegance" says Armani in October's issue of Harper's Bazaar. He also said "I find that it's countless shades correspond to the many facets of femininity" Baring that in mind, I think darker colours are often underrated. I spotted today's shirt while shopping online and it reminded me of an average flannel or check shirt, that had been edited with a 'greyscale' filter which is what immediately drew me towards it. Most shirts of this style have a very bright colour or feature multiple colours for the ultimate S/S shirt. Yet I think this shirt, which does feature some subtle shades of grey alongside black and white, is the total opposite. It's the ultimate A/W shirt. 
Shirt - Next // jeans - Topshop // boots - Dorothy Perkins // bag - Topshop

12 comments

  1. Great outfit! I love grey muted colours too x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photo's

    www.beautycandyloves.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love greys and checkered shirts so this outfit gets top marks from me! Love it :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annika you look great, love the outfit and the top is so pretty.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look. Love the top.
    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top dear. And the skinnies too. You look great in them.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shirt girl. Such a lovely and effortless look!

    http://olia-shamray.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    check me out!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the lovely comment on my Blog :)

    Would you like to follow for follow? Follow me and i'll follow back!

    Amanda xx
    THE MALTESER

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shirt! I totally love the graphic print!

    ♘ www.sugarpopfashion.com ♘

    ReplyDelete
  11. i adore this outfit! the jeans are such a perfect shade

    helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne