5 Ways to Positively Get Rid of the Negative

9 May 2017 Leeds, UK

As mentioned in my comeback post, when I fell out of love with blogging, I gave up because I associated every aspect with something negative. Not only did this put me off something I used to love, it altered my mind-set completely, and I didn't really want to do anything – not even my other hobbies. Now that I'm taking a stand against those negative vibes, I'm sharing the ways in which I switched out the negative stuff, for the positive stuff.

#1 Stop focusing on enemies 
I plan on writing a whole blog post on this in due time, but one way I got rid of negativity was to stop thinking or dwelling on people I don't like. I'll admit it, I'm human, there are some people in the world who haven't been kind to me and so I don't like them. And I love a little gossip from time to time, but sitting and talking about someone in a bad light for hours doesn't really do anything for you and doesn't even matter to them.

#2 Enjoy each moment
A lot of the time, I feel like I overlook those special moments in time. Or I spend those moments worrying about something else. To brush off the destructive vibes, I spent more of my time enjoying and simply loving the things that make me happy. Doesn't have to be anything big, just something like a beautiful sunset or the scenic drive to work. Sometimes I get stressed because I’m stressed. Spending less time fretting, means I can take in what's around me.
#3 Work out and get fit
I could easily say I’ve been on a diet for six years. But this time, I’m taking it seriously. I re-joined a gym in March and since then have been going around five times a week, as well as working out at home when I can. Being totally honest, I’m not happy with my body, I wouldn’t be confidence to stand next to my friends in a bikini, and so what’s the point in moping around about it? I’m changing it! Working out has helped me in so many ways, from my strength to my attitude. I love it!

#4 Make a conscious effort
It’s no secret that I have a slightly pessimistic outlook. But I need to shake it. I can be sarcastic and petty, but I don’t want to be that way permanently. I have a notebook (among many) that I save just to write down positive things. I also try to make a conscious effort to think about optimistic memories, or something that makes me happy. It’s like squashing all the toxic stuff and replacing it with puppies and rainbows. Totally works.

#5 Smile and laugh
I’m currently smiling as I write this blog post. I’m also listening to a Jenna + Julien podcast that’s guaranteed to make me laugh. If I’m ever feeling down, I try not to sit in that state of mind for too long, because negative feelings with anchor in my brain and I’ll become unmotivated and lethargic. To filter out the bad vibes, I find something or someone who will turn that frown upside down. Whether it’s my dorky little sister or bloopers from Friends, a little levity goes a long way.

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne