hotter than you

8 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

hotter than you
If you follow, or have seen my Polyvore page, you may notice that a lot more of my sets are getting darker and darker or carry specific colour themes within them. I think this is due to my style developing more as I get older and mature, but I also really believe I address according to the weather or season or my mood. For example, if it's very poor weather, like today, I'm more likely to wear black and grey without even realising. Yes, I subconsciously dress to the colour of the clouds!
The first item that's at the very top of my wishlist is an ASOS Clutch Bag that was the inspiration for the title of today's post. Unfortunately, at this moment it's sold out, but it was on sale for under £20.00 and I absolutely love it. The monochrome clutch is leather with a smooth matte finish and ideal for an evening out. This clutch just oozes confidence and sass which is a must have in any night look. The R13 Striped Muscle Dress is a perfect autumn dress because it's loose and versatile. Like a leather jacket, a simple straight dress is a closet essential, despite the colour or pattern. I prefer to wear darker colours in dresses of this style because they make me feel much more comfortable. As the weather is a little chillier, I paired this sleeveless jersey dress with a H&M Cardigan that has incredibly subtle stripes in to match the effect on the dress. The fine-knit cardigan also comes in a petrol green colour which is an excellent autumn colour. It would also contrast well with the purple and lilac items in this set.
A beauty item that's accidentally always on my wishlist is the Nars Single Eyeshadow Compact I see everywhere. This particular compact is available in so many different colours making it an all-year-round essential as each colour can be worn for each season and occasion. I chose the D. Gorgeous colour to match the accessories included in this wishlist, but at Beauty.com (where they're available for around £15.00), the full range includes plenty of earthy tones and darker shades which are great for this season. The shadows can be used with each other to be layered on the eyelid, and they can even be used for eyebrows! As a UK resident, I'm often very cold. It's only natural, which ignites my [un]healthy obsession with candles. My very first thought on arriving home is lighting candles in my room because they create an excellent ambiance and provide extra light for the darker nights. I found the Lafco Music Room Candle on Polyvore and immediately desired it. Smelling candles is a very risky job, not everyone has the same favourite scent, I personally detest the smell of pure lemon, but I don't mind it if it's mixed in a citrus blend with lime and orange. "Black tea and citrus are highlighted with a touch of juniper and just a hint of french lavender for a warn, aromatic blend" is the description provided for the cute candle with 90 hours of burning time - a key feature.

6 comments

  1. I love what you put together :) It's cool how you picked so many items to create that mood, the candles are great too

    Spark&Bark

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cute collage!!

    check me out!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing selection! Look so classy and stylish all of this! Great job!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com
    Bloglovin
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, its so me! hahaha ;)

    http://aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool wishlist! I think I should do one for fall as well. I love fall for candles, and I like that yours isn't the typical pumpkin scented one--but I do love those! I really love the boots and dark look; it's great for this time of year!

    http://kelformity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how versatile striped dresses like this are! Lovely selection of products! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne