Perfect Patchwork

17 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Wearing an oversized shirt as a dress is a big risk, but sometimes it can work. My shirt is quite long, and actually gets longer in the back which makes me feel much more comfortable. I think this look would be great for a holiday (of course without tights), but I have found it works for this season too. My inside leg measurement is also 35.5 inches which is considered rather long; making this shirt quite risky for me. If you prefer to wear leggings, I think that works perfectly too. I also love the two different shades of blue on this shirt even though it's one fabric. That's one way to 'spice up' a simple button-up shirt without going overboard for Autumn. Denim is such a versatile fabric, which comes in so many colours so I know I will be able to style this top in many different ways to suit so many different occasions. It's one of those shirts that can be styled up and styled down. You may select this shirt as a focus point for a casual look, or it can be used in layering in the colder seasons. On the other hand, pairing this shirt with the perfect formal jacket, skirt or trousers can immediately add elegance. The denim isn't too thick and isn't as all stiff which makes my top comfortable all day unlike a lot of pure cotton or denim shirts I own that can grow uncomfortable after a long period of time. 
Shirt - Next // Bag - Topshop // Shoes - Schuh

19 comments

  1. Love your shirt! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt is a beauty! Love how easy it is to throw on - so effortless! :)

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit. I really love your bag :)
    Nilla Forever

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for wearing shirts as dresses haha! You look great!

    sartorialust.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bit of denim! I'm quite short so I can get away with wearing shirts as dresses quite easily, though I find wearing little cycling shorts underneath is always a safe bet you're not going to flash someone haha. I've got a pair with a lace trim that look really pretty poking out :)

    Cats In Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit, you look fantastic <3

    I have a new post up, would love to know your thoughts;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look very pretty and I just love your mini bag!!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely outfit!! You look so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you'll be able to wear that shirt in some many ways xx
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a nice outfit :)

    Carolyn
    x

    http://carolynssimplelife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look extremely nice and gorgeous =)
    what do you think about following each other?
    follow me and I'll follow you inmediately back!!!

    http://thefantasticfashionworld.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the oversized shirt looks lovely on you - you rock it! xx

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice look and very cute bag :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lush shirt! Well put together x M
    http://mellscloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks really good! Love the tights with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne