Black 'n' Blue

2 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

About a year ago, I would have never worn a dress in another style than fit and flare/skater. But today I'm wearing this jumper-like dress and I absolutely love it. I think this style is perfect for autumn because it doesn't give off summery vibes like a swishy skirt does. Not only is this style essential for me, as I'm always freeeeeezing, but the thick fabric is perfection for this time of year. The fabric contains wool, but is also 'breathable' which means I can have a busy day without overheating because the fabric doesn't store heat and lets air in. I've become obsessed with this colour, if you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that blue has become my comfort colour (apart from black). I tend to gravitate towards blue because I think it suits my skin tone best, whereas I don't suit orange as much. I decided to pair my dress with a black jacket, bag and pair of shoes because I wanted the bright blue to be the main feature of my ensemble. Immediately people are dawn to my dress rather than the rest of my outfit. Although this dress isn't a typical autumn colour, I find it an essential for the season simply because it's so practical and versatile!
Jacket - Miss Selfridge
Dress - made for me
Shoes - Brantano
Bag - Next

3 comments

  1. That blue really does suit you! Great post.

    http://ozieblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is so cute and easy...
    Love it

    Check Me Out!!!
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute outfit :D I need to get back into wearing my leather jacket again, I like the style of dressing it with a nice dress :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne