Bonfire of the Vanity

16 October 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

The bright blue coat is back. Every now and then this coat makes a sly return and I always end up wearing it somewhere. At first glance, there wouldn't be many items in my wardrobe I could pair this jacket with, but there are actually many different styles that this coat blends well with. Today I have chosen a dress that will harmonise with the coat rather than clash. Sometimes I can wear pieces that will totally contrast with the bright blue colour and create a colour block effect but I've found that to be more of a summer trend. However, because the weather is a litter cheerier today, I chose a dress that does include colours such as pink and orange in to brighten up my outfit. On the colour chart, orange is the contrasting colour to blue, so I have a hint of a subtle colour block in this look. Today's dress is another favourite of mine that I couldn't abandon last season. The colours do remind me of summer, but I have somehow managed to convince myself that it's suitable for autumn. 
Dress - TK Maxx // Coat - Dorothy Perkins // Wool cardigan - George // Bag - Next // Boots - Dorothy Perkins

9 comments

  1. Amazing post and great content
    Glad i came across your blog

    www.curiouscomponents.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the coat!! that colour is a must!

    xx

    isa

    www.un-likely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress

    check me out

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coat is very pretty Anika! I love the color and I love the colors in your dress. So pretty together. Glad the weather is nice. Thanks for your comment. I'm following you via bloglovin.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bright blue coat is absolutely incredible and you look beyond fabulous in it. Blue is a much more versatile colour than people think, in my opinion!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coat! Love the outfit!

    Sam
    www.lilmissbuttercup.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that coat! That color is amazing on you.

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne