Sudden Sunshine

17 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Summer has actually started! A sudden heat wave has hit the UK and I'm absolutely loving it. I know what some people may be wondering: isn't she warm? I'm actually the type of person that is always cold, not matter what, so I'm not really overheating today. But I am wearing tights and a coat which can easily be removed to create a summery look. The temperature is slowly rising in the North, and this dress is absolutely perfect for today because it's very thin cotton so it stays cool the entire day. I love the colours of this dress, which was the only one left in the store, because it features a wide range of colours that blend into each other with a 'watercolour' effect. That mash-up of colours in this dress give it that summer feel, and it has no sleeves which makes it ideal for the warmer weather. The elasticated waist in the dress highlights a feminine silhouette and creates a skater style which is one of my favourites.
My sunglasses are my newest summer favourite because they can be paired with anything. I have quite a round face, so I usually go for the oversized black sunglasses, but I decided to make a change and wear these mirror aviators that I absolutely adore. Not only is it extremely entertaining watching people check out their reflection in my glasses or try to figure out if they can see my eyes, these glasses are also super light on the inside so they don't effect my vision in anyway. They also don't have a weird colour tint on the inside so the sky still remains blue!
Dress - TK Maxx
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - market
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Sunglasses - Primark

11 comments

  1. Really lovely outfit :) you look great!

    http://www.sarahprowse.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit! Your dress is so beautiful :)

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat! Amazing outfit :)
    xx
    Mia

    www.ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that dress, I'm just like you.. I always need my layers as I feel cold even when it's not. But I say better to be prepared than get caught out in a sudden downpour right? (British weather is so indecisive)

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk
    (Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your style! So colorful yet totally fashionable :) Those boots are amazing!

    My Makeup Mémoire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit and it looks great with the jacket because it's a nice summery colour. The pattern on the dress is perfect!

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that coat, it looks so cozy and comfortable for a great rain storm or winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice outfit! You look stunning :)
    http://www.lefffka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne