Blue Marshmallow

17 April 2016 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire

I have a weird obsession with coats. Living in the North means I basically have to carry a coat everywhere I go, so why not build a collection of coats? There are so many different jackets and coats available to buy, sometimes I just can't resist a quick purchase. However, I never regret buying a coat; and it means I don't have to put too much effort into making every outfit different because each jacket can make every ensemble look unique. The coat I'm wearing today, one I've named 'The Blue Marshmallow' has become one of my favourites as spring rolls in. 
The pastel blue colour isn't something I would usually go for, I do like to wear blue, but darker colours. As it was only £5.00, I figured it was damaged or not the best winter coat - but I was sooooo wrong. It's so warm! And this is coming from someone who is always freezing cold and has absolutely no tolerance for a chilly breeze. It's one of those coats that you don't need as a layer, because it's like six layers alone. It's not heavy, and very soft, hence it being names the "Blue Marshmallow". 
To contract with the coat, I chose my favourite beanie hat which never fails to keep my head warm. I'm also crazy in love with scarves at the moment, almost as much as coats. Today's scarf has been in my closet for about four or five years, but is still going strong. The knitted piece has become a favourite each winter, mainly because it goes with absolutely everything and keeps me super warm without having to fasten my coat up (something I never do). I own quite a few pairs of jeans, but I only ever wear one pair, once they're a favourite, I wear them til they die! The same goes for my over-the-knee boots which I love to wear with denim. The suede contrasts well without taking away from any other pieces in the outfit. 
COAT - MATALAN (similar) // SCARF - NEXT (similar) // JUMPER - TOPSHOP // JEANS - URBAN OUTFITTERS // BOOTS - NEXT (similar) // BAG - NEXT (similar) // HAT - FOREVER 21 (similar) // JEWELLERY - VARIOUS CHARITY SHOPS & NEXT

39 comments

  1. Wow, £5? That's crazy good value for this lovely coat, it looks so comfy and warm, and I adore the colour! It looks really lovely on you, hun. x x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it was only £5 - that's such a bargain. I wouldn't think to go for pastle blue either but it's looks so lovely on. I love your style.

    Roxie | thebeautifulbluebird.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the coat and the contrasting beanie!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit!

    www.susannahzabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It costs a penny yet so pretty. You look so stunning.

    x Marlia

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that coat and I can't believe you got it for a fiver that is such a bargain! Looks wonderful for the spring as it's starting to get a little warmer.

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    A Day In The Life Of London
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. £5 for a coat? A coat with a lovely colour and one that keeps you warm! Well that's definitely a winner! Love it! :)

    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  8. £5 for a coat? A coat with a lovely colour and one that keeps you warm! Well that's definitely a winner! Love it! :)

    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm exactly the same with my coat collection haha. Love the colour of this, so good for £5!

    heart-autumn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaaah I love this look! The coat is so on point xx
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. £5 for a coat?! thats crazy! You really can't go wrong with that price!


    forevabelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha I feel you! A lot of girls are obsessed with shoes - I'm all about coats. I really like the colour of this one, it looks amazing against your complexion, and that beanie is just too cute!
    Much love xx

    Iman @ Manigazer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit! So comfy and chic!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit Anika! :D

    Stay in Style
    Karen @ Lookbook Store Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  15. Obsessed with this look and your blog design is divine! xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your coat !

    http://clothespaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. it almost summer here but i can feel that this outfit is so cozy! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. nice look dear , Very casual and comfy
    also check out my blog

    https://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. the color of the coat is so cute, such a nice outfit!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a bargain! I love how happy you look in each pic too :) I bought a lovely dark green coat to wear all winter and of course winter took its sweet time. So I guess I should get it out now in April since its freezing again. LOL! xxx

    Sal UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore coats myself but I have yet to break away from the normal grey, brown and black. Love your baby blue coat, it's gorgeous.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yesterday and today were the first days of 'no coat weather' and I'm so excited for that! Lol love this coat though, it's a beautiful color!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the coat, love you and your blog!! its very pretty Im going into winter now you have inspired me to buy a new coat!

    Isabelle
    http://isabelleelli.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  24. The north must be freezing!
    Love pastel blue, I want to go for more pastel colours next winter for sure!

    Http://NatalyG.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that gorgeous colour on you, especially paired with the beanie and scarf. So stunning!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. so cute, love your coat!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're so lucky to find such bargains, especially for such a pretty coat. I also love your scarf, you look so warm and cozy!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great outfit! I love your outfit and style! Such a great outfit inspiration :)

    xx Jamie| With Love, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a really beautiful coat, I love your blue ring as well x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute outfit and your pictures are amazing!

    Stephanie | www.stephykeung.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. i think you should purchase a Red Women Jacket for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your coat! The pale blue goes so well with burgundy too. And £5, what a bargain!

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful coat, perfect colour for spring too (not that it feels much like spring right now in England!)
    Have a lovely weekend :)
    Rosanna x
    Rose's Rooftop

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne