My Top 5 Reality Shows

22 March 2016 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I have a guilty pleasure. It’s low-brow and I’m not proud of it, but I love cheesy reality shows. The cheesier the better. They’re good, cheap entertainment and a good distraction on a lazy day at home. Whenever I’m unwell, my instinct is to download as many shows as possible to binge-watch throughout the day. The list could be endless, and some shows such as House of DVF, Geordie Shore, Vanderpump Rules and Eric & Jessie: Game On are also some favourites but didn’t quite make the cut. Over the past few months, I’ve found more and more shows to get into, and realised I enjoy them so much, I would share my top five on Anika May.
#1 The Real Housewives
I watch basically all of them whenever they’re on, but I watch Beverly Hills, Atlanta and Cheshire the most. The shows are entertaining, mainly because they have cast members that you love, and cast members you love to hate. In the Beverly Hills series, the glitz and glamour is fun to watch. The Atlanta series has some hilarious cast members and episodes that are quote-worthy from start to finish. Although there are some women I like more than others, I still think the show is hysterical. The Real Housewives of Cheshire is the newest series I’ve started to watch but I enjoy it as much as the others, with cast-mates that create plenty of slightly-scripted drama.

#2 TOWIE
The Only Way is Essex has been popular for a while, and there are handfuls of girls who used to always recommend the show while in school. However, the unrealistic drama never really caught my eye, until I ‘accidentally’ watched an episode that was on in the background. By the end-credits, I was gripped and wanted to know what was going to happen next. Unlike a lot of reality shows, TOWIE is filmed one week and then shown the next, rather than premiering events that had happened months earlier. The cast members all seem realistic, although some of the storylines are questionable. Overall, it’s a good show to binge-watch on a rainy day.
#3 Don’t Be Tardy
I first came across Kim Zolciak-Biermann when watching an old episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta last year. I didn’t warm to her too much at first, but did think she has a few funny comebacks and was worth the watch. After catching a Don’t Be Tardy trailer on ITVBe, it was immediately added to my list of shows to follow up on. Although I haven’t seen much of the first two seasons, the third is quite entertaining and chaotic to say the least. There’s not so much drama to get involved in, it’s more just me being very nosey and loving a bit of trash TV.

#4 The Bachelor / The Bachelorette
There are quite a few American celebrities that I follow on Twitter and I usually spot their tweets on this ABC series and knew I had to find it somewhere on UK TV. I actually find the set-up for the show quite strange, and know I would never find myself in that kind of position; but it is interesting to watch. This series is much better with a good group of friends, as everyone can make their predictions regarding the candidates and the chemistry, as well as laugh at the pure cheesiness of the show. From the rose ceremony to the group dates, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette can create an entertaining evening.

#5 Next Top Model Series
I have loved America’s Next Top Model and Britain’s Next Top Model since I was a young girl. I remember even seeing Abbey Clancy on the UK edition and being a distraught 10-year-old after finding out my favourite didn’t win. Abbey now hosts Britain’s Next Top Model and Tyra Banks has always been one of my favourite models and personalities too, presenting the American edition of the show. The series is a great glimpse into the fashion industry, and like House of DVF, provides a selection of do’s and do-not’s for the incredibly competitive business.


Do you have any guilty pleasures? What are your favourite reality shows? 
Images from picjumbo.com

17 comments

  1. To be honest I haven't seen any of these shows! Thanks for sharing

    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!

    kisses
    http://shinkusara.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love next top model and the real housewife's! They are just brilliant!!
    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    Blog Lovin' // Instagram
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the top model series! nice blog you have!

    Have a great day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only seen the bachelor and top model! I need to try these other shows!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anika, so glad I found your blog through the #fblchat it's so cool! I personally hate TOWIE as I am from Essex but I love Keeping up with the Kardashians it's my guilty pleasure

    Love Em <3 // emilyrosevass.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. America's Next Top Model is my favourite show ever!! I also love the Real Housewives of Cheshire and all the drama in it!

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same addiction to reality TV Shows though my favourite has to be Keeping up with the Kardashians! I used to like Towie but I've gone off it a bit but I still love to watch the Top Model series!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I'm also addicted to tv series, but I'm more into criminal fiction.

    Muny B.| STYLE Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only one I watch currently is Real Housewives of Beverly Hills :3 But I do watch a lot of HGTV and as much KUWTK when E! is available in hotel rooms (I don't have cable).

    http://www.deasynoel.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shows! Love this post!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg girl I feel you, reality TV is so trashy and low brow but I can never stop watching it!! Top Model is one of my favourites too xx
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. the next top model is so good! i, once, got addicted to this reality show haha
    http://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list! My wife watches a few of those. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to seeing you soon.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/03/23/meetdean/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen any of these show (beside a little bit of the real housewives) but it seems interesting :)

    xoxo,
    http://www.kadi-lv.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the share. Love your selection of tv shows.

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I watch a hell of a lot of Come Dine With Me and Dinner Date... does that count? haha

    Charlotte xx
    Fox Socks

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne