Treasured Trainers

23 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

About 4 or 5 years ago, I would be the first person to be immediately hostile towards trainers worn for any other reason that sport. I couldn't be more irritated by trainers and jeans worn together. Today, everything's a little different - although I still struggle to accept a pair of trainers such as the Air Max put together with a midi skirt or longer dress, but there's time for it to grow on me. Trainers with jeans were really popular when I was younger and I just couldn't stand it, especially white trainers with dark jeans, that look would aggravate me. Today I try to experiment more with my wardrobe, which means going out of my comfort zone, even if it's just baby steps. I've owned Nike trainers for a while, Nike is usually my go-to brand for sportswear, even if do pronounce it wrong. I've found that they have a wider variety of shoes, including the ridiculously popular Nike Roshe Run shoes which are worn by a large amount of people. I chose these darker pair of trainers which I actually picked up from the Nike section in Sports Direct (a sports store which sells items for the most amazing prices I've ever seen). I paired the navy shoes with jeans of a similar colour, and chose to go for super skinny jeans because I think they suit this type of shoe best. Because the design of the shoe is quite sleek and slim, baggier and wider fitter jeans wouldn't look as great. On top, I'm wearing a white, knitted 3/4 length jumper which also brings out the white in my trainers and brightens up the whole outfit. To finish the look I'm carrying my favourite oversized bag. 
Top - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Bag - TK Maxx
Shoes - Nike

31 comments

  1. you look fabulous! love your top
    me too, at first I didn't like the idea but i;m starting to warm up to plus its getting popular

    itsjustshalay,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I need that bag it is fantastic!!!! I haven't been too into wearing them myself until recently when companies began sending me cute pairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this relaxed outfit! I definitely need to purchase some trainers, I used to be the same as you and only wore them for sport but I'm loving so many right now!

    Style Sunrise☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you look fab in this relaxing outfit, very stylish. That bag is gorgeous too!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This white top looks amazing on you.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look! Specially the bag!! ;)

    Xoxo
    dogma96.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater looks so comfortable without compromising your style and wow, that bag looks as though it could hold SO much stuff.. is it Mary Poppins' bag?! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweater for fall! Just followed you on Twitter, Bloglovin, Instagram, Pinterest & GFC - excited for future posts!

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay
    Bloglovin
    Instagram
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a cute top! I really like how your little profile pic moves!

    ♡Tallia
    Trending In Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bag! :) hey I was wondering whether u want us to follow for follow? If yes please tell me on my blog, I would love to follow you :)
    xx
    Mia

    http://ssenescence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. agree with what you say about trainers, until I started working in fashion I would have never considered wearing Nikes for anything other than running, now I wear mine loads! x
    www.styleandlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice sporty outfit :-) fits you really well

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't own any trainers yet, but I think that have to change. I have been lusting a pair for so long now. You look great girl!! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  14. You're too cool for school! I think that bag looks great with the shoes and the whole outfit! It looks really big and roomy, but also chic and polished!

    Owl Girl | A London lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute look :) Trainers are so comfy I love them!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice relax outfit :))
    http://lamiastoria018.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bag :)

    http://fashiionistah.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous outfit, and I love the shoes!!

    I have a new post up on the blog, please have a look if you can;

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think your sneakers are cute. Lately, I have really been into slip on sneakers.

    I also love your handbag. Perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have nikes that look almost exactly like these and they are my absolute favorites! it's so funny because i used to hate wearing sneakers too (especially with jeans). now i love it!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your blog, just followed you! Would love if you checked out mine sometime xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the look especially the jumper

    http://doinglifemyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww love that top, you look lovely ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, I'm in love with your jumper and trainers! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne