Subtle Sparkle

27 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Today's dress reminds me of a kangaroo. I think because it's made of a thick fabric, like the fur of a kangaroo and it has a little pouch - I just can't help but feel like one when I wear it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just an observation. I've really grown to love the dress after realising how versatile and functional it is. Today I'm wearing it for more of a casual day, but this dress is really easy to dress up to. The glittery effect in this piece makes it stand out from the darker background and pulls an outfit together making it seem more exciting. The subtle sparkle in this dress makes it a go-to piece if I need an exciting outfit as without the sprinkle of glitz the dress would be quite boring. The length is incredibly practical because it's not too long to be worn on a casual Saturday but not too short to be worn to a more formal event. To finish my mellow weekend look, I'm wearing plain black leather pumps and carrying a leather bag (both faux) to put all the attention on my dress. 
Dress - Next
Bag - gift
Shoes - Next

13 comments

  1. That dress is so pretty! :)

    Hannah
    helloisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress, looks great for Winter! xx

    lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is really pretty
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress, it's so simple and elegant! :)

    The Beauty Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great style! I love the dress and it suits you perfectly!

    I've just found your blog, what if we follow each other to not miss anything? I'd love it! Tell me something and I'll follow right back.

    Lots of love,

    http://enfantcoco.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does kinda remind me of a kangaroo. I love slight sparkle. Hehe. Great look. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress! the sparkles are brilliant and it fits you perfectly! Adore!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should do a post about a a thrift store haul

    Check me Out!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sparkle of the dress, fur pouch would be perfect for winter!

    Emmy Lu,
    www.theshoppershandbook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. One classy style.

    www.milallos.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne