Super Smart and Considerably Casual

22 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Happy Monday! There are often days where I have to dress in a less casual outfit to suit the occasion. Working for a charity means there are often meetings with other charity members. They don't exactly require you to arrive in a suit and tie, but turning up in your favourite sweats isn't the best idea. If you work in quite a relaxed work environment where you still need to make an effort, I think this outfit is perfect as it highlights the best of smart and casual combined. When I hear 'smart-casual' I immediately think dark denim. Whether this is because I have a soft spot from charcoal jeans I'm not totally sure, but I think darker denim is a great fabric to include in an outfit that is a little more formal than the rest. It's socially seen as less of a colloquial colour because darker tones tend to be associated with seriousness. I've only ever attended three job interviews in my life, but all three times I wore a blazer because they immediately give off a formalistic vibe. I love blazers because they're so versatile, and they can be worn over any type of item underneath - for interviews I lean towards dresses but blazers pair well with plenty of items. Blazers also come in so many different styles and colours so it's impossible not to find one you like - unless you have a realyl strong hate for blazers. My oversized bag is perfect for today as I'll be carrying folders and paperwork which looks a lot better without dog ears and tears. My oversized bag is idea for storing a lot of items without it getting too heavy or breaking - I often use it as a carry-on because it's so large and has zips on to expand. To finish the look, I included a bright blue blouse that adds a touch of colour to the overall outfit and my jet black Chelsea boots which appear much more professional in contrast to my everyday Converse. 
Blazer - M&S
Top - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Next

17 comments

  1. lovely outfit, you look really chic :)

    myvintagephotography.blogspot.de/2014/09/deep-blue-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the boots. That's a great outfit <3


    http://aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great look. Love your bag.

    http://ninasstyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit, you look so smart and stylish - I love the boots!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 cute............

    Check Me Out!!!!!!

    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedtion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is absolutely PERFECT! :)
    Maybe we could follow each other?

    By the way, I have a new post about my first advertising deal to get more visitors, click here for more information.

    Keep in touch
    Happy week
    isa | http://stoerensexy.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the big bag, and flash of blue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. chic and polished look! always love a good blazer! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post :) I’ve nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    Sugar Sweet Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this look, the blue top really stands out and would be a great outfit for work! Also, thank you for your comment on my post about co-ords!

    modernaudreyh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a big fan of jeans and a blazer, you look awesome!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colour of the blue top is really striking!

    www.lestage2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne