California Car Keys

7 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

California Car Keys

It's technically autumn, and I can't wait to wear all my favourite jackets and coats again and layer up for the chillier weather; but I just can't let go of good ol' summer fashion! After seeing these Cut Off Shorts on Polyvore I was reminded of summer again. They have a bleach-like acid wash to them which is one of my new favourite types of denim because it makes an outfit seem more exciting and adventurous at first glance. I paired the shorts with a navy top from H&M that has some lace detail and is cropped. I absolutely love the lace hem and think it's a perfect last-minute summer look. Lace is a fabric that always looks great no matter the colour or pattern because it's very intricate and feminine. I actually own the Nars Single Eyeshadow Compact in a darker colour that's a little closer to my skin tone, but as this set is strictly summer, I thought I would add a brighter colour to the wishlist. The soft yellow-green colour is longwearing which means it will last all day and I've found that Nars eyeshadows are really easily blended with other shadows to create a unique look. They can also be layered for a more dramatic effect, and this particular product comes in so many different colours - I can never just pick one.
The Gasoline Glamour Lady Sings The Blues Shades are 100% summer. From one of my favourite online stores, Nasty Gal, the floral rims scream festival and summertime. They're vintage inspired from Gasoline Glamour and have grey tinted lenses so you can actually see through them. I've had a few sunglasses that have a weird brown-yellow tint and I'm just not a fan. The pastel porcelain flowers are a pale blue which can be styled with plenty of different colours from the summer style palette. The blue Nars pencil is actually a Shadow Pencil while the other is a Lip Pencil. I was drawn to the shadow pencil due to the bright colour that could be used to blend with the eyeshadow, also by Nars. I chose the darker lip pencil to go with the MAC Lorde Collection Lipstick I had saved in my favourites. I've always been a fan of darker lip colours and they contrast well with a brighter eye. To view the rest of the fabulous items in this Polyvore set, click here. This wishlist was like a last goodbye to summer, but I'm so excited for Autumn, I can't wait to start shopping for more!

6 comments

  1. beautiful picture :D

    www.dicexcvi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily for me it's still hot enough to wear shorts, but I kinda want it to be cold and chilly already! Dark lipstick is a must, and those sandals are so cute. want!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i need those sunglasses. xx

    http://claudiamedas.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its still so hot where I stay! Cant wait for winter!
    http://shabanasultana.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/beautifultargetblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark lipsticks is the bomb right now.
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne