Bright and Bold

9 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Growing up as an incredibly shy girl was super difficult. I never wanted to go outside, or talk to people, and found it really difficult to make friends and fit in with the ones I had. The one thing I hated more than anything was standing out or getting too much attention on me. I remember always saying I don't want a first dance if I ever get married because I can't deal with too many people looking at me at once, or I dreaded birthdays because people would sing at school which caught the attention of anyone and everyone. I was also super tall growing up, always taller than my friends and I still am, which is something I used to hate but now love. Basically, anything that made me look any different than anyone else I didn't like. Now I'm a little different, having a blog means I get to experiment with colour and pattern which I would never even think of trying. My dress, which does have a lot of dark tones in, is full of highly detailed pattern - causing it to stand out from the crowd. Usually I would avoid this, but I absolutely love this dress, it's one of my all time favourites. And to top the confidence cake, I'm wearing my favourite booties that have a small heel which elongates my legs in a lengthier dress. Overall, this has become my favourite formal look, especially because it can be worn all year round!
Dress - Next
Bag - market in Salou
Shoes - Next

14 comments

  1. Such a great outfit again, I'm obsessed with your blog haha! I used to be really shy too and still am some days but I agree having a blog is a great place to be less shy if thats makes sense? x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That totally makes sense haha :) x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dress, and you're beautiful too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really shy too so I completely relate to this post! I think you have great fashion sense and you look stunning in this outfit :)

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your style - I was SO shy as a child haha!

    MAD LISA - STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pattern of the dress! And how your paired the lightest colours with the colour of your boots - great styling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit, I used to be really shy too :)

    My Profile

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it so amazing that you used to be shy and are now totally putting yourself out there with this blog, your blogs lovely and always enjoy seeing new looks from you!

    Much love xxx
    CHRISTINANISTA.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful printed dress

    xx E∆
    www.LietoDie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. U look definitely stunning in that dress with colourful and beautiful prints <3 It's okay 2 stay in our comfort zone cause I totally know the feeling of awkwardness interacting with people and get loads of attention while doing something different, but eventually we'll learn 2 step outside our own shell and become more daring and that's wot u've achieved for urself xx Have a lovely day, Anika xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne