Loving Leather

18 September 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I think an item made of leather is a must have in any closet. Whether it's just a simple skirt of a pair of super shiny trousers. I personally love leather jackets because I think they're so easy to style and can be paired with a lot of different items. I've found that leather jackets are the one item of clothing you can own for years and still style it to perfect, just like a promising pair of jeans. Leather as a fabric can be difficult to buy, usually the higher the quality, the higher the price. I don't own a lot of custom-made leather items simply because it can be cheaper to buy them in the long run, but there's so many leather items on the market at the moment in plenty of different colours so there isn't much room to complain. I actually remember when leather jackets because a huge trends while I was about 14 in 2008, Topshop had just released a line of leather jackets, and most of them had hoods on *cringe* which I was desperate to have. Of course now, I'm happy I didn't buy one because leather jackets look a lot better and are more versatile without a hood. Today's look is über casual as I'm only going shopping during my day off. One of my favourite things about good quality leather is that it's thick and naturally insulating so I can wear one of my favourite patterned tees underneath which is quite thin and loose on me, without getting really cold in the autumn breeze. I'm carrying my favourite leather bag from Topshop that's a really strong leather, making the bag well structured and less floppy. Finally, my leather hi-tops were bought a few years ago and are still a favourite of mine for the winter because they are so warm and well-lined as well as extremely comfortable to walk in.  
Top - Primark
Jacket - Miss Selfridge
Jeans - Next
Shoes - Fred Perry
Bag - Topshop

19 comments

  1. Hello!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog!
    I have checked out yours and im really enjoying it, so Ive followed you on bloglovin!
    Keep up your good work!

    http://olia-shamray.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I completely agree! every girl should have a leather item in their closet! I also have a black leather jacket that I love and some faux leggings that I like to wear! Love this outfit darling! you look amazing :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous leather jacket, they literally go with anything XX

    lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfit

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love leather and I think everyone should have a leather jacket! I love your outfit and the leather coat just looks amazing!

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just bought a cute tan leather jacket :) I think leather is so cool and comfy

    Lizzie's Daily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love leather too and my leather jacket has been my favorite clothing item lately since the weather got colder.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I must get myself a leather jacket, I've been on the lookout for one!

    Lauren x
    www.thefashionramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice look love that leather jacket :)
    xo,
    Flor / Florencia's Diary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that jacket! Cute shoes too!
    xo ClassToCloset

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with you, I love leather jackets, such a must have!
    Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely as always, and totally agree, leather jackets are just awesome! Cute bag too :)

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your outfit! xx

    http://shynature.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne