Humongous Handbags

19 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I have recently really fallen for oversized bags. Oversized anything is what I will usually go for, other than jeans. I love huge jumpers and long tops as well as large statement accessories and jewellery. Today I'm carrying quite a large bag that I bought from TK Maxx. There are many things I love about TK Maxx, finding designer clothing for reasonable prices is always exciting, but I really like the fact that you often find one off pieces in there. Sometimes they're just in that one store, but it's rare I'll find a lot of items twice in a fortnight. My large bag was bought for my last year of school, which I finally finished in June, and was sitting there, all alone on a rack. I couldn't resist, I had to buy it because it's black and leather - perfect for school. My huge bag also has divided sections and plenty of pockets inside which is always a bonus for me. I like simple colours for handbags as they're not often a statement piece in my outfits. I really like the ribbed effect down the middle of the bag as well as the gigantic studs near the handles. Oversized bags have become essential for me as I now work full time and I have to carry a lot of folders along with my typical handbag essentials. On the other hand, I've noticed really large bags are great for shopping days because I can just throw things in rather than struggling to carry everything. I often find myself trying to look for a place to put a tiny carrier bag from Claire's somewhere and I've even lost them because I have no where to put them! I've found humongous handbags to be a new favourite of mine, what do you think?
Top - Next
Jeans - Tophop
Bag - TK Maxx
Converse - Schuh

15 comments

  1. Amazing bag Anika. I have always loved humongous bags. Love the orange top.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit. A big yes to the bag
    http://divadiari.blogspot.nl/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous casual wearing! Love it <3
    Dear I'm young fashion blogger, I would love to share my style and my ideas for outfits with you and all the world. Could you please do the favor to me and like my fanpage? I promise to do the same for you if you have the one :)
    www.facebook.com/berriesfashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bag

    check out my blog

    http://styleofzion.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you bag and your jumper too!

    www.allthingsdesirable.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit, you look beautiful! ^_^
    Nice blog, dear!

    http://www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice top. You look beautiful :)

    www.marrtab.bogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice top, this colour (red/ orange) suits you :))
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet llok! That colour truly suits you. :) You look like "kissed by fire" ;) (You're watching Game of Thrones?) Anyways, I love big bags, too, since I'm always carrying around too many things.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours suit you very well, and i love that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oversized bags are always a great fashion statement :)

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bag!
    Would you like to follow each other?Let me know!:)

    fashion-babel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne