Wrapping Up Wishlist

31 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

blah blah blah

The end of August technically means the end of summer. But on the plus side, I have another wishlist bursting at the seams. Just because we're going into autumn, that doesn't mean it's time to pack away all the summer gear and say goodbye to dresses for another sixth months - I actually wear dresses and skirts all year round. This wrap skort from New Look is a new favourite to the wishlist that I tied in with the sweatshirt. I've seen hundreds of fashion bloggers in skorts, and my inner-hipster put me off them as everyone had one. But I do think they add a touch of sophistication to an outfit, especially in black. I know that skorts are quite short, which is one of the main reasons I never felt like investing in one, but after seeing a stylish selection looking phenomenal in the unique trend, it had to be included in my next wishlist. To finish the look, I included a super-cute satchel bag and chunky gladiators.
Philosophy is one of my favourite skincare brands, so when I saw their coconut scrub online I knew it had to be included in this week's set. I usually don't experience with skin care brands and companies because my skin is sensitive and could react badly to different ingredients, but I saw the Reincarnation Pure Facial Exfoliator on Selfridges' website and was immediately drawn to the simple design. The description of the product promises to be 'gentle' as it contains avocado oil and jojoba beads which I know are excellent for your skin. On top of that, it consists of calendula oil to nurture and repair while the carrot seed extract revitalise skin. There's more: the oils of sandalwood, sweet orange and tonka bean are all used to calm and balance your skin. Although the product is a little pricey for the size of the bottle, the ingredients appear to be natural and beneficial to skin.
Finally, the bareMinerals lip balm had to be included in this week's wishlist. Jack of All Trades balm is totally clear, but hydrating and refreshing to the lips. I own a lot of different balms and glosses, but a lot of them are either too sticky, to heavy, or disappear within minutes of application. I like the sound of this balm because it seems as if it would do the job throughout winter when the weather is harsh and cold which is damaging to the skin. A hydrating lip balm is essential as the temperature begins to drop!

8 comments

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Yours is amazing! I love this post, that skull bottle is lovely. I've just started following you on GFC and bloglovin' :)

    Mimicryer x UK fashion & beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wishlist! I love the sweatshirt and shoes x

    Gegsy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that top :)

    //N.K.L
    www.nkl-fashion.dk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh I want everything in this wishlist!
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that Cheap Monday sweater! great picks <3 xx
    www.article21.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely wish list, I love that skirt! great selection.
    Have a lovely week!
    http://www.glamouryarmory.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wishlist!
    I love those shoes and that sweatshirt! adore them both :)

    TooClothesForComfort

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne