Quality Quilt

6 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

About two years ago, a huge trend broke out, especially in schools, where people were wearing quilted jackets. Most people chose the Barbour brand of coats which are waterproof and also really high quality. Eventually, high street shops caught on and they were all selling these coats. Being totally honest, I absolutely hated this trend. I hated quilt and the pattern just frustrated me. This may have been because I was going through a phase of going against everything that was on trend because it was 'out of the box' and 'unique'. Despite my total disapproval for the look, I saw this jacket in Next and it may have just changed my mind. I still don't think I'll be buying one of the waterproof and puffier coats any time soon, but this really cosy cotton/polyester/viscose jacket has gained my approval. I think what I likes most about it is that the quilt effect isn't as obvious, it's actually quite subtle but I do like how the quilt causes this jacket to stand out from any other bomber jacket. I cannot express enough how soft and comfortable this jacket is, and the colour is a lighter grey which means I can pair it with quite a few items in my closet. It has been the perfect jacket for the sudden change in weather as it's not cold enough for a coat, but not warm enough to go out without a coat. I really like that it has pockets and I actually bought this a size bigger than my size so that I could layer underneath if needed. This bomber is a new favourite in my wardrobe and isn't too think to pair with jumpers or long-sleeved shirts. I've found it really easy to style even though I'm not 100% sold on the fabric. What do you think of quilted jackets and coats?
Jacket - Next
Top - made for me
Jeans - Topshop
Bag - TK Maxx
Shoes - Brantano

10 comments

  1. I love that black bag, you look so chic!

    Our life is Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag and shoes, great outfit! I have a new post up, would mean a lot if you could check it out :)


    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! Not keen on quilted pieces, but that jacket is gorgeous and looks very comfy.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit - love the t-shirt!

    -Mathilde
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a comfy yet chic look.. and yes I'm too not a big fan of quilted jackets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shoes!!
    sincerelygk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the t shirt, I am so into stripes lately!

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this casual look hun! Can't beat stripes :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. that top is soooo nice and it really suits you :)

    claudiamedas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne