Effectively Effeminate

25 August 2014 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

I wouldn't call myself a feminine dresser, I'm not typically really girly person but sometimes I like to add a touch of pink to feminise an outfit. Pointing out that pink doesn't necessarily mean it's become ladylike, that's just in the case of today's outfit. My wardrobe consists of a lot of dark colours, which is a habit I'm currently trying to break and have been succeeding at throughout summer, but autumn is on it's way which means leather jackets and warm knits. I recently bought this skirt from Next, and I was actually drawn to the colour because it's a lighter pink I would never ever ever usually wear, however; I had a "why not" moment and decided to buy it - plus, the skirt was in the sale so there's no harm in saving money on the go. The fabric is light pink, and then has a really subtle off-white pattern in it which is a 'raised' texture that looks really good in natural lighting. The skirt actually comes in a skater dress form, with the exact same material and pattern. I preferred the skirt because I think sometimes you can have too much of a pattern and it becomes overbearing, especially for such a distinct colour. Despite all the darker colours in my outfit, I think this drop of baby pink adds an element of femininity. I paired the skirt with some dark grey combat boots because the weather's dropping a little and my favourite leather jacket. 
Top - made for me
Skirt - Next
Boots - Brantano
Bag - Next
Jacket - Miss Selfridge

8 comments

  1. such a cute outfit!

    cultkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the jacket! Cute skirt too!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool and pretty outfit and your legs are so gorgeous. Such a beauty!! xoxo

    http://downwithpants1969.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely outfit <3 I really love the skirt in light pink with hidden patterns and how u've styled it with a leather jacket and boots <3 Even though autume/winter are on their ways, we can still have fun with the very last left bits of summer xx Hope u'll have a great week ahead, Amika xx

    lennylinhpham.blogspot.co.uk
    xoxo
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the jacket. Work it!

    Greetings from the Philippines,
    Pleasantly Chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty skirt! I love the addition of the jacket, you really made the look your own!

    Lauren xo
    Sophisticated In Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you that the blush pink colour of the skater skirt counteracts the leather biker jacket.. and the outcome is great! :)

    http://aglassofice.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne