My Blogging Goals for 2016

28 December 2015

2016 is only a few days away. It's crazy to think about how much has happened during 2015 and how much has changed. There's so much more I want to do with Anika May - bring on the new year!
Attend more events
Back in September I went to the Next Blogger Network event and absolutely loved it. Not only did I meet more people and get top tips from my favourite bloggers, I also won an award and got to spend time in London – the most exciting city in the country. Being quite a shy blogger, I was originally going to reject my invitation to the event because the idea of turning up to a room full of strangers totally alone was daunting. However, after being there for a few short minutes, I met some new people and managed to make friends. I’ve learned so much more about the blogging industry and enjoyed it to the full. My experience there only makes me want to visit more events and meet more people. Twitter chats and meetups are exactly the way to do that so I plan to do more in the New Year.
Write about anything and everything
The best thing about having a blog is being able to express yourself in your own little corner of the internet. I can do that as frequently as I want with Anika May, and although timid to experiment at first, I love to write about my experiences and opinions. I plan to improve my journalistic skills, but I also would like to write about whatever I chose and whenever I chose. The blogging community is enormous and it can be difficult to find your area or find a place where you fit in. I don’t really fit a mould, as I used to struggle to define Anika May. Now it’s just “my blog” and I can write about anything. Some posts are more popular than others, but it’s important for me to remember that blogging is a hobby not a chore. It should never become a burden and that’s the mind-set I’d like to continue in 2016.
Travel more
I always blab on about travelling, whether its places I’d like to go, why I’d like to travel or an obsession with individual cities. There’s something about packing up and seeing something new I’ve always been drawn to and it’s very difficult to ignore the need to explore. Photography is a huge interest of mine and although I don’t plan on becoming a profession photographer, taking photos of exquisite landscapes is exhilarating and only ignites my passion for travel more. I’d love to learn about new cultures and aim to travel to different countries around the globe. The list of places I’d like to go is endless, but that’s the stimulating part.
Blog full-time
At the moment, I work full-time in the head office of a building society. It’s not the most animated job as it’s from 9am to 5pm every day, five days a week. I sit at a desk, in front of a computer and complete the work that has to be done. Blogging is similar, in that I can sit at my desk, for hours on end and stare at a computer screen, but I’m also doing something that I’m passionate about and would like to do for the rest of my life. Writing, taking photos and experiencing something new are just three things that blogging provides straight away and it’s always been something I want to do. Whenever I start a blog post, I’m eager to complete it; and I’m slowly becoming obsessed with stalking other bloggers too.
Be more active
Blogging and working can be really difficult, but to be a more effective blogger I need to be much more active. I can go days without tweeting or posting anything on Instagram and that’s something I’d really like to improve. Of course, I’ll never add loads of pressure on making sure I have an Instagram post that’s exactly 24 hours after the previous one, but remembering that my blog has these accounts would be a good start. I’d also like to start actively replying to comments. I read every comment, tweet and see every like that I receive, but maybe it’s time to start thanking be people that take the time to actually show appreciation. 
Improve quality
Quality-wise, there’s always room to improve. Luckily, my blog helps me to do this on a regular basis without going too far out of my comfort zone or losing control of my spare time. I love making improvements on my blog, whether it’s design or content. One thing I’ve learned since creating Anika May is that quality matters so much more than quantity. Readers and followers would rather enjoy a really engaging blog post over average blog posts published every day. When I was recognised at the Next Blogger Network event I was so encouraged to blog, the surge of creativity and motivation was awesome! The more I work on Anika May, the more fulfilled I'll feel :)

Amazing things can happen, what are your goals for 2016?

35 comments

  1. You are so cool, and i am so happy for you

    Rammfre www.missydress.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep bloggin to reach your goals! Nice post!


    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like great goals for the new year. I hope everything works out according to plan for you <3

    Love, kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great goals, Anika! Mine are quite similar. I would love to attend bloggers event for the first time, blog more and be more active on social media. I would also set my 2016 goal to buy my own domain and start my brand (hopefully). All I need to do us find the nyche I feel the most comfortable in :)


    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you reach your goals! I need to be more active in the blogging community too, so hard juggling it with everything else! Happy holidays! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! And I agree, quality over quantity! My goals are attending blogger events ( I have never attended one), producing only content that I'm passionate about & interacting with other bloggers on social media. :)

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best wishes for your blog in the new year!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great goals! I need to be more active myself when it comes to blogging


    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely post! <3

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anika, these are great goals! I'm glad you ended up going to the event and having a good time, it's good to step otu of your comfort zone! I definitely need to be more active as well! Sometimes having a full time job and keeping up on blogging feels overwhelming, but if we remember it's fun, it makes it a lot more approachable. Great post! XO -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals! Being a blogger is an ever evolving thing. I love attending events where I get to meet other bloggers.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this post. Like you I really want to travel more in the New Year and share my adventures on my blog. Cheers to accomplishing all that in 2016!

    http://fashionradi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the goals will come to me through the year, but I'm looking forward to become a student this summer.
    Xx Blue Ducklings
    http://www.blueducklings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful goals! I think it's great to always write down your goals for the coming year =)

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great goals! I hope you succeed!! Happy 2016!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the goals you set out for yourself. This year I started blogging full-time and couldn't be happier. I'd love to attend more events in 2016 and meet other bloggers from my area. I can't wait to see what 2016 has in store for you and your blog!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your goals, it is definitely inspiring to me! I need to make my list of blogging goals as well.

    XO,

    Meagan
    BLOGLOVIN'
    Hearts of Gold Blog
    Instagram @heartsofgoldblog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Inspiring goals. I want to improve my writings about philosophy. To get more easily words on paper and getting more comfortable with English :)

    x Sophia

    Founder | Blog and The City
    Personal Blog | Tao of Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really great goals! I may steal some for my own goals! I too have the goal of improving the quality of my blog! Yours is amazing and I would be happy to be anything like yours!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are very nice tips!

    Agnes x

    http://www.blvckbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kudos on the award. That's amazing.

    Your goals are a lot like mine. I would love to attend to some blogging events during the year 2016. I want to get to know more bloggers like myself and get my name out there. And blogging full-time would be a dream come true for me.

    Maybe one day? :)

    http://jesandbleu.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE this post. It's ironic that I stumbled upon this searching for "blogging goals" for 2016, lol. I've been writing professionally for 8 years, but this year I've decided to open up to my readers more. I love what you said about travelling more (do it, and do it as much as you can, it's the best education, and so inspiring for future posts). And attending events! I'm ashamed to say I've never attended a single blogger event, EVER!

    Anyway, I just wanted to reach out, show some support, and say thank you from the other side of the globe. I'm glad I found you, and can't wait to explore your blog in 2016! You go girl!

    J.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a well-thought through list! I need to get started making mine...I hope you accomplish everything you want to in the new year!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for sharing your goals; I found it very inspiring! Keeping up a blog while working a full time job is really hard work, and it seems like you know exactly what you need to do (unlike me over here haha). Great post, I enjoy blogging and reading blogs for posts like this; you really made me feel part of a community. Have a great NYE!

    xo, Alice || Miss Inconnue || Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  26. loving these tips and wishing you all the best in 2016 and many many successful blog posts and ideas! :)


    http://jeansandroses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Travel and attending more events are on my blogging list.
    Great to know yours.

    Happy New Year! Cheeerrss! :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love to set blogging goals!! Last year I decided to do "monthly blogging goals" and it helped SO much. I am definitely going to do it again this year! :) Good luck with your new blogging goals! <3

    StyledByBlondie.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these goals! I wish you the best luck in achieving them!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You've got a great list of goals Anika. I think my blogging goals consist of shooting/posting more film photos, and to branch out and post about other topics that interest me more like spirituality. Lets have a great year! x

    Erin | beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great goals and tips, keep going you are doing amazing. Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well done and good luck for next year!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne