Aztec Autumn

27 August 2014 Brighouse, West Yorkshire, UK

Autumn is so close and it's my favourite time of the year. I love to wear jumpers, and long-sleeved tops and Autumn is the perfect time to experiment with different styles while the weather is still reasonable. Knitted jumpers and onsies are a guilty pleasure of mine, so I can't wait to pull all of those out of the back of my closet. Autumn also means it's time to shop for more autumnal clothes, and I can wear darker colours without worrying I'll get too warm. I recently bought this aztec print jacker from Next that I think is perfect for autumn. I like that it's a lighter colour and has hints of pink in, so it does brighten some of my clothing. I will usually just pair this jacket with a plain black top, like today; I've found it really easy to layer underneath, but usually just with plain colours that don't clash with any colours in the print. I haven't yet layered on top of the jacket because of it's large collar, so that's an exciting feature on it's own - rather than piling scarves on top. This jacket goes best with jeans (of any colour) in my opinion, and I did get a size larger so that I could wear something other than vest tops underneath in case it's a little colder outside. 
Jacket - Next
Jeans - Topshop
Vest top - Primark
Shoes - Schuh
Bag - market in Salou

9 comments

  1. Looking lovely, as always! Those black Schuh's are such a great basic to have in your wardrobe.

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your jacket ! :D

    would you like to follow each other on GFC , facebook etc?
    Do let me know and i'll follow you back

    www.moonshineandsunlight.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your jacket! I think I have the same shoes :) xxx

    Blog This With Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern of the jacket is gorgeous!:)

    xxMonica
    http://sunstreetmonidesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute outfit!)

    Would you like to follow each other via Bloglovin or GFC?) If yes, just follow me and I will follow you back!
    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  6. the coat is amazing

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cool casual look, converse are the best. I adore the aztec jacket, I have just posted a outfit about aztec! Haha :)

    http://trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your converse so much, really need to get a all black pair for myself!
    xx
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, especially the shoes and the jacket! :)

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne