Blue Balloons

14 August 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Is it me or is summer ending a little quicker than anticipated? I feel like it only lasted a few minutes; and I know that's what everyone always says during summer but it's strange how quickly the seasons pass, I only ever realise because the weather's changing. Today's dress is perfect for today, which is quite gloomy and dull. The dreary clouds just blanket the sky and create a chilly breeze while throwing a storm or two into the mix. Not really the August I was expecting, it has rained nearly everyday! You may recognise the fabric used for my dress from Monday's post. I had a lot of spare fabric and decided to used it on more than one item of clothing. As mentioned in yesterday's post I nearly always go for the skater dress style and I'm trying to break the habit. I thought I would go with a super cosy dress and the temperatures are already beginning to drop. The fabric is a knitted cotton so it's warm against the wintry winds and has a little bit of stretch making it all the more comfortable. Today I'm working all day, and I'll be sat inside all day, so comfort couldn't be more important. I'm also in a great mood because the colour of my dress is almost identical to the colour of my nails and that makes me really happy. It's the little things. My boots are Chelsea boots from Dorothy Perkins that I absolutely adore because they're amazing quality and add an element of 'cuteness' to this look. My nail colour is Blue Balloon, by GOSH Cosmetics.
Today is also results day and I can't wait to receive my grades for Media Studies, English Language and Literature, Sociology and Graphic Design - good luck to all those receiving results!
Dress - made for me
Boots - Dorothy Perkins
Bag - Next

13 comments

  1. That is super cute. And I like that you didn't style the dress with anything to make it look plain and the color just pops. Lovely.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour looks so lovely on you!

    Eve & Faye x
    Sugar Spun Sisters | A blog about cosmetics, clothes & coeliac disease

    ps. Make sure you take a look at our beauty, jewellery and gluten free goodie box giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need this bag, love it so spacious and chic at the same time!

    Much love xxx
    http://christinanista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this dress!
    xx

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, its not just you, summer is ending far too quickly! I couldn't believe you had made this dress I absolutely love the fabric and the boots! Also I hope you achieved what you wanted in getting your results today! Holl xx

    http://hollie--rose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this blue color, the bag is gorgeous :)
    I just found your blog and it`s great, really like your style :)
    Maybe we can follow each other on GFC if you like my blog :)
    Hope to hear from you.
    Have a great day :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously such a pretty look! So simple and effortless! xo, Hayley www.dailydoseofdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous colour it looks amazing on you.

    running a week long giveaway on my blog, super quick to enter and its for some makeup products - enter now - http://shimzbeauty.com/quick-fix-giveaway-one-week-only/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely dress and post!

    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear! You look perfect. Love the color of your dress <3
    xx
    www.modaapital-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Summer is definitely ending really quickly for me too.
    I love your dress, the color looks great on you, and your hair is on point!

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne