Berry Blend

27 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

No matter what the catwalk trends are for the season, the berry or maroon colour always returns for autumn. It's almost become a tradition as this colour, along with earthy tones sweep the high street stores and online. I personally love this colour, as I don't think it clashes with my skin tone which can sometimes happen. I decided to incorporate this colour into my outfit though my cardigan and beanie; although I do have a dress to match this exact tone, that would be going over the top. This colour blends really well with black and white, or earth-like tones like brown, moss green and oranges to match the colours associated with this season. If you have been following my blog for a while, you'll know that I'm closed to obsessed with jersey skater dresses because they're so comfortable and I don't often have to worry about the length because I can have them made to fit. Today's dress has a 'broken' stripe effect which I think livens up my outfit. To finish the look, I'm carrying a faux leather shoulder bag and lace-up hi-tops. 
Dress - made for me // Cardigan - Next // Shoes - Fred Perry // Bag - gift // Beanie - Matalan
TWITTER // INSTAGRAM // BLOGLOVIN'

15 comments

  1. Lovely the color of that cardigan and beanie :))

    http://kapege23.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit makes me so happy, it is really well put together! I love the dress I wish I could buy one haha :)

    Emma Louise xx

    theemmalouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress! This whole outfit is so pretty and perfect! :)

    Colorful Closets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burgundy cardigan! Perfect for this time of year

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the stripes....

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    bloglovin.com/theluxedition

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maroon and your outfit! So autumnal!
    Ariana // Thoughts Through a Teacup

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit goes so well together! I love berry-colored clothes :)

    www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that berry colour!

    xo T.
    initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red cardigan is perfect with the striped dress!
    Thank you for your pleasant comment on my blog. You have a beautiful blog and now I wonder if you want to follow each other?

    xx from Germany/Bavaria, Rena

    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, love the berry tones with the stripes! You look great :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look fab, great autumnal look!

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that it's with a hoodie! Stripes and that colour go really well together! xx

    Xuvious

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit!
    It looks gorgeous on you!
    x Sonja

    Shiny Glitter Things

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne