Summer Nights

29 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Who say's you can't brighten the upcoming winter nights with a splash of colour? I think a lot of people reserve the darker colours in their wardrobe for the darker time of year, but I like colour so why not wear it? The bright blue and coral are two colours I just love to mix because I think they contrast so well. Blue is my 'comfort colour' so I often resort to wearing it quite frequently as I think it compliments my skin tone rather than clashes with it. Although the lighter and brighter colours are often associated with summer, the combination of colour is a favourite of mine so I couldn't resist. I chose black faux leather accessories as I wanted all the focus to be on my clothing. My bag is a perfect little purse to hold all my essentials; and also comes with a longer shoulder strap. My wedges are very basic is style but are so comfortable to wear and don't take away from my dress.
Dress - made for me // Cardigan - Primark // Bag - Topshop // Shoes - Next

17 comments

  1. Love the color combo!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pretty blue dress klein .... I loved these gorgeous !!!
      Bajoelsombrerodesusan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, love those vibrant colours! So pretty on you :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice..these colors are my fav

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with that bag. *swoons*

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice unexpected colour combo!

    xo T.
    initialed.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors together. You're right, blue totally works well with your skin tone. It's like neon blue! :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the bold contrast in color!! really chic!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that blue dress!
    Melanie @ menadmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! Love the colors - especially paired together.

    - Sarah :)
    www.thecrownbijoux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue dress and so true, people do reserve their dark clothes in the wardrobe for winter, I have to admit even I do this sometimes. Also the blue dress looks lovely on you! Your right blue does compliment your skin tone, I think it looks great on darker skin people. It's my go to bold colour because everything else makes me look even darker or just ill (if you know what I mean?) x Be sure to check out my blog hun

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...its my little positive space about all things fashion, makeup, life and it's little problems. Let me know if you pop by my lovely x http://shahmimablogson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colorblocking lol

    check out my blogmas post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne