A Spot of Blue

11 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

The dress I'm wearing today is by far one of my very favourites. If you've been following my blog for a while, you will know my wardrobe consists of a lot of skater or fit-n-flare dresses. They're what I feel most comfortable with as they suit my hourglass body shape well and create a really feminine silhouette. However, the jumper-dress style is really growing on me as I begin to experiment more with my style choices. I think the dress is still flattering without making me feel uncomfortable and had to be made in my comfort colour - blue. As it's getting a lot colder, and a lot dark very quickly, I like to dress to keep warm. This is mainly because I'm one of those incredibly irritating Northerners that always complains about being cold. I know that I have to dress to stay warm or I'll be shivering and miserable all evening. Today I'll be in the city centre later in the day and it gets really windy and cold making my bright blue dress ideal as it's made of knitted cotton-jersey. It also contains a little bit of wool. I'm allergic to wool, so I can't wear 100% wool garments, but this blend of fabrics means I will stay warm, and cosy all evening. My grey coat, which is mostly wool can be worn as it's not touching my skin and won't irritate it. As the focus point of my outfit is my dress, I kept the accessories dark so they would compliment the look nicely.
Dress - made for me // Coat - Dorothy Perkins // Shoes - Brantano // Bag - TK Maxx

11 comments

  1. Gorgeous dress.Lovely post..Keep In touch dear..hugs
    rampdiary / My art Blog / Beauty and fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, love that shade of blue on you! Looks like such a cute, cozy dress :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    Nadine
    xxx
    http://geckoandgold.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi dear, nice outfit..i like your blue dress..
    I0m a new follower(ColorBlock) follow me back if you want
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit, you look so pretty :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/11/love-peace-joy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That jacket suits you too well Anika! great post, love the photos

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color on you, looks so good! Thanks for commenting on my blog ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the combo of the grey and blue!

    http://lavidadelozza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog and how chic it is! Wondered if your had any advise for me for my new blog. Thank you.
    http://stylishsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne