Monochrome Magic

10 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

I like to mix different 'genres' of clothing. Today, I'm wearing this reasonably formal dress from M&S, surrounded by items that are from the more casual end of the spectrum. It adds quite a bit of character to a look as you blend two types of styles together. I've also grown to love the monochrome look. It's a trend that never seems to date and can never really be over-worn. There are so many different ways to experiment with black and white as they are contrasting colours. I love the really simple pattern on the bottom half of my dress, which is complimented by the cute white collar at the top. The pattern brings the outfit to life and means I don't need to bring in as many accessories as all the focus heads straight to the dress. Leather jackets are my weakness, I will always find a way to wear one. When putting this mix-match outfit together, I chose a leather jacket as I think it suits the dress well and contrasts without clashing. On top of my suede shoes, the outfit has many different textures as the dress is jersey, my collar is chiffon and my bag and jacket are leather. There's plenty going on yet only two colours.
Dress - M&S // Jacket - Miss Selfridge // Shoes - Brantano // Bag - market in Salou

7 comments

  1. Chic jacket!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking how you mixed the two styles, looks proper but edgy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an ultra cool look! Loving the collar and the jacket is killer :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this look paired with the shoes. It gives the whole look a casual feel which I really enjoy. :] // itsCarmen.com ☼ ☯

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute outfit, love the bag

    check me out
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com
    bloglovin.com/theluxedition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dress, love the little collar detail too.
    New BL follower :)
    RumbieLove xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! Like the collar detail!
    xoxo

    I'd love if you come by and visit my blog as well:
    http://kiwi-who.de.vu

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne