Skirt Loving

19 November 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Dresses are one of my favourite clothing pieces to wear. Not only are they very easy to style, but they're comfortable for me to wear and I don't have to worry about the length too often, which is a completely different story for trousers. On the other hand, I have never been fond of skirts. Dresses and skirts are often clumped together in one category, but I always prefer to wear dresses and find skirts occasionally uncomfortable; and when I was younger, I found it difficult to find items to pair with a skirt. Today, I have grown to love skirts almost as much as I like to wear dresses. My skirt today is a recent favourite, it's of course made of jersey, a dress fabric I adore. The pattern on the skirt is very basic, but from afar looks complex which makes the outfit appear more exciting. I managed to stick with my comfort colour, blue, and find a coat to match. Which I'm wearing over a basic navy tank top that's elasticated so it's comfortable under my skirt. I never used to even consider wearing skirts, but today I'm loving it.
PS: You may have noticed my blog has a new name and domain, I think Anika May has a nice ring to it, what do you think?
Top - made for me // Skirt - Next // Coat - Dorothy Perkins // Boots - Brantano // Bag - gift

27 comments

  1. I'm so glad I came across your blog!I love the blue theme!


    xoxoRida

    mysimplyperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely in love with the colour of your coat! I neeeeeeddd to get my hands on this :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ur cobalt blue coat!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This coat looks gorgeous on you!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Un conjunto muy bonito, la falda es genial, me encanta el estampado :D

    http://aparkaforyourthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your outfit :) your coat and skirt are just gorgeous xx

    One Little Vice - UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! I never used to like skirts either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, love the print on the skirt- super cool! The colour of the jacket is ultra pretty too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you've paired the skirt with the coat - blue is my favourite colour :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never used to be too keen on skirts either but now I love them. I love your skirt and the blue looks lovely!

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great look! The print on that skirt is great...definitely a great piece to start your love of skirts with! And the color of that coat is gorgeous on you!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to agree I'm a real dress person, specially in winter. The colour of the coat is gorge too!
    The Twenty Sumtin Sumtin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great fall outfit, I love dresses too, so easy to style, and I adore the boots and tights combo!

    99 OUTFITS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this look! - So casual but still very classic!! :))

    sisepuedee.blogspot.dk
    -Milla

    ReplyDelete
  15. I much prefer skirts to dresses these days! Love yours, the print is lovely!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute look! :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfit! Such a great skirt!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your outfit, amazing photos and blog""

    http://www.missleote.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the skirt. Such a fab print!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look great, like your skirt;-)
    sandicious

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you went with the skirt --I love it! :D Love the color coordinating coat and the fact that you chose military boots with the feminine skirt!

    xx
    Because I'm Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful post! you have such a great blog ;) i wish you an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne