Office Party

19 August 2015

Office parties are a rare thing nowadays. No one seems to have time for anything, me especially - but when the chance arises for the team to get together and celebrate a strong flow of hard work, I'm the first one to say yes. Office parties began as quite a formal affair, the highest of heels and puffiest of dresses were worn for the big event. Today, you wear your best booty jeans and try to keep it casual, this is the North after all.
For this look, I chose on of my favourite blazers which has become a reliable source for making my outfits seem mature. As I get older, I start to ditch the hoodies and tunics and try to dress more for my age. The cropped cotton top I'm wearing is proof that monochrome could easily be stronger than colours. The vibrant pattern is eye-catching enough to become the centre of my outfit, and compliments my blue denim jeans well. Finally, I did want to add a little high to the colloquial get-together so I chose my leather booties that have a tiny heel on. They're formal enough to smarten an outfit without going full-blown 9-to-5 for the evening.
Blazer - F&F // Top - F&F // Jeans - Next // Boots - Next // Watch - M&S 

9 comments

  1. I love the top, I'd wear it in a heartbeat!

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I love love love your top choice. Have a great time x

    Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is so pretty, I really like it xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the outfit! Very nice combination :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this outfit hun, so chic but laid back/casual too. Gorgeous!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice tee! Gemma xx www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne