VELVET SPLASHES AND SIMPLE SUEDE

10 May 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

My 'splash dress' is one of my favourite dresses because it's unique to my style and wardrobe. I chose the fabric myself, and the style of the dress, which means it's highly unlikely anyone else will be wearing the same attire. I really liked the splashes of colour, and how they work really well with each other. They're also velvet juxtaposed with a jersey fabric which give them that extra shine. Velvet is one of my weakness fabrics because of it's unique texture and how it can highlight any assets of an outfit. My dress was made by my mum so it's made to fit, but I also had a dress made that has the extra 'splash' fabric on top, and on the bottom is plain black jersey so I have two to chose from. My coat is from Topshop, which I'm wearing due to the awful weather today - it's May but it's been raining nearly week! I'm carrying my everyday handbag from Next which I am back to loving, it just perfectly fits all my essentials in, without having to carry a large bag that is floppy because it's almost empty. My shoes are from Brantano, and the brand is Front. I have really gown to love these shoes because I can really wear them with any outfit. The simple suede means they're also formal enough to wear to the less-casual occasions but can still be styled with jeans or a dress. 

6 comments

  1. Beautiful dress, I love that random pattern and the colors are lovely :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress! The colours really suit you! :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing!! Check out my tag in which I have tagged you and do it yourself too!!
    Love,
    Maria
    http://aresmar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you chose the fabric and pattern! The dress looks beautiful!

    Check out my NEW POST!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the dress it's gorgeous x

    http://rinicawrites.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. ..what is on your floor? it looks like blood lol :)

    lovely dress :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne