BACK TO BLACK AND BLUE

8 May 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

This week has been incredibly busy, to say the least. I've been out and about every day, from working to school work to meetings and so forth. Today, I have a whole day mounting the work from my graphics exam onto huge pieces of A1 sized card to be presented and marked, which means I need to be in a super comfortable outfit because I know I'll be working through lunch.
My jumper is a plain black one, my mum made for me which I originally wanted for an exam as I hate being uncomfortable in exams. Sitting in awkward clothing makes it harder to concentrate, so I wanted a really simple jumper that will keep me warm and comfy. My coat is from Dorothy Perkins, which is the only 'pop of colour' in this outfit, which does brighten up the whole ensamble on this gloomy spring day. My leggings are also 'homemade' and perfect for a colder day like today because the fabric is thicker than standard cotton and lycra leggings. It's almost disco-like as there is an element of shine but they don't have a plastic or leather feel which makes them ideal for walking or having to move around in. As I'm mounting huge boards, I chose these leggings due to their extra stretch and flexibility. My shoes are simple black and white hi-top Converse for Schuh, that I bought a while ago and are still reliable and my go-to shoe for comfort. Finally, my bag was bought when I was on holiday in Salou, Spain, and I'm carrying as I don't need too much with me today, but I am carrying a notebook so I need a larger handbag.

5 comments

  1. Love this coat! The color is so pretty and it looks great on you!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat! The colour really suits you - I love blue shades :)

    Laura x
    http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely coat, that shade is so perfect on you!

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how your outfit is simple yet verry sophisicated and how that pop of colour is against your skintone...it really complemts it
    Titilope xoxo
    www.thoughtsfrommybed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coat Anika
    Will You Like To Join My Giveaway Sandy Sandhu

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne