18 Things I Learned While I Was 18

23 August 2015

I always look back on the past year like it was a lifetime ago. I started my blog when I was 18 and thought everything I posted was fantastic. Just looking back at the photos (including photo #1 - my first blogger profile picture) makes me cringe a little and it was only around a year ago.  Most of the valuable knowledge I have acquired, I learned during my 18th year of life. For the first time (in forever), I was alone and didn't have anything to fall back on. There was no excuse for being a child, because I'm technically an adult. I am always treated adult which came with a huge sense of pride and an extra topping of responsibility. It really means that I need to think about what I do, before I take any action. Of course, the world doesn't revolve around me but 2014/15 taught me how much I want every day to be different. Right now, I'm in a 9-to-5 office job doing the same thing, day-in day-out. Being there over the past eight months has also really aided my sense of adventure and pushed me to realise I want so much more.

Each day will bring it's own anxieties, stop stressing.
It's likely no one is looking at you.
Friends can fade away, and it's not always a bad thing.
Finding a job is really hard.
I still read to many fashion magazines.
My confidence is down to me.
I will probably never have a consistent work-out routine.
Writing is what I enjoy most.
Having a diary isn't juvenile.
My music taste can be whatever I want.
I'm really ambitious.
I like being independent.
Being tall is awesome.
A sense of adventure keeps my mind alive.
I would travel forever if I could.
I'm really bad at singing.
Romance is nothing like the movies.
I will never stop blogging.
When I look back on starting my blog at 18, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing (and my bedroom was embarrassingly decorated). But almost a year later, I still know how much I love writing about anything and everything. Photography and media still remain key interests in my life too. My photos have changed quite a bit over the years, and I've experienced a lot despite it never feeling that way. From getting my first job to being able to write freelance and never feel shy about it. In the moment I don't ever feel like I'm learning much; but reminiscing over the last year has assisted me in appreciating how experience in the outside world has educated me so much more than I could ever imagine. 
PS: make sure you follow my blog on Bloglovin'! You can find all my posts on there too.

8 comments

  1. Oh so inspiring words.
    Lovin; this things you have learned :)
    Btw, lovin this looks on you :)

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post. Definitely agree with you! xx

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this, such a great a post! and the pink jumper is ace ;)

    vicky xx fadedtoothpaste

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, Anika! Looking back does open our eyes a bit more and make us realise how we actually changed and everything around us too :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww that is such a special post. I love personal writing & it's nice how you can look back and appreciate past lessons.
    Thanks for a sweet comment on my blog.
    Stay in touch: https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/miel-mint-14349829
    Definitely will follow you :)
    xox Nadia
    http://mielandmint.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a lovely and Relatable post to read :) you have a really great blog so please never do stop blogging haha x

    Lots of love,
    www.littlelo16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! and the thing is that you'll never stop learning....revise this list every year. you'll be amazed at what you add to it x

    www.lifeofchi.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne