Improving Your Mindset

1 August 2015

Have a purpose
If there isn't a reason behind an action, it's very difficult to justify why you're doing it in the first place. One of my biggest challenges is motivating myself to get tasks done, simply because I'm unbelievably and embarrassingly lazy. I would rather scroll through Tumblr for three hours than actually begin to attack my to do list. One thingI like to do, which always improves my outlook on hard work, is think about the reason I'm doing it. Thinking about the positive outcome pushes me to get the job done, so I can reach that outcome as soon as possible.
Be grateful
Taking a step back and really looking at a situation can help you to be thankful for where you are. Comparison is the complete opposite, and focusing on what others posses or have achieved is moving backwards. Focusing on our own achievements and how you got to that place will improve the outlook on the future.
Take breaks
A very common notion but one of the most useful. The brain needs time to chill too. Even if it's just one evening a week or 20 minute intervals, take some time to sit back and relax, totally detaching from he world. If I want to take a break, I usually move away from all technology around me and go outside or read a few pages of a book. Even taking off my headphones, which seem to be glued to my ears, is advantageous and I feel refreshed when I return to a task. It's easy to slip into procrastination mode, so finding an element of motivation to get you back into work is essential for staying productive.
Sleep
One of my all-time favourite pastimes. This doesn't mean sleep whenever something isn't working. It means sleep when you're supposed to sleep. Staying up late seems fun at first but I always regret it and feel much better when I head to bed in good time and wake up with a bit more peace of mind. It's recommended that we get a minimum of seven hours of sleep a night which isn't always possible for everyone, but should be he ultimate goal.
Try to be positive
I'm constantly being told I'm pessimistic and my response will the same: "I'm not negative I'm just realistic." Sometimes reality has its limitations and it's good to dream above the bar or think outside the box. My automatic reaction is to see the bad side, seeing the glass as half empty is never efficient thinking. The best think to do is actually try to be positive, even if it seems impossible. Give it a go!

15 comments

  1. Great post for a Saturday morning - technology breaks are so important, especially as a blogger!

    Sinéad xo ♥ fabuleuse, toujours ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this post, I really like your writing style! It's so important to be grateful, I totally agree with you :)

    www.fineclic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! Really lovely to read!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very important advice! I should probably print this and paste it somewhere visible

    Natalia | Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading a good book to get my mind off things :)

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! so true haha I agree with all these tips and these are actually what I try to do on a daily. Another thing that helps with Improving Your Mindset is writing lists, this helps me alot and it also makes me see all what I have to do

    CutieStare

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great tips. One of my favourite things to do is write a list of life goals - short, medium or long term - and write down what steps I can take to make them happen. Taking a breather is also so important. Sometimes focusing can become too much and one does need a time out.

    Joana x
    www.whenyoudreambig.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice reading this. Would love it if you could check out my newly launched Holiday Style Diary!
    Kisses xo | From Aliona With Love 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for some great tips. I'm always looking out for more tips to help because it's so hard to stay positive and have a healthy outlook!

    Anna | www.emptysundays.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such great tips to ponder :)
    We need to take breaks in between as it ill help us to be more productive.
    I love the last part- to be positive.
    When you don't believe yourself that you can do it-- you will definitely fail.
    Thanks for sharing

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your posts! Followed! I definitely agree with all of these especially having a purpose when changing your mindset, this became key to me when trying to get through my exams, it was pretty tough to become focused!


    CLOTHING CONSCIOUS// FASHION & LIFESTYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! xx

    http://simplyjuliia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very useful tips ! sometimes I have troubles with my life, but these tips will help me a lot. Thanks for your sharing! I will come to your blog more and more. I write about Inflatable Hot Tub Reviews here. If you have time, come to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne