Last Day of Summer

31 August 2015

Top - Matalan // Shorts - Matalan // Sandals - Dorothy Perkins (similar) // Bag - TK Maxx // Jewellery - various charity shops
Just about everyone in existence is saying this, but I can't believe it's September tomorrow. A year ago, that would mean the dreaded school season returns. Today, that just means yet another working day. I have been counting down the hours to this summer bank holiday because there hasn't been a public holiday since May and it's a long time overdue. For most, the bank holiday means a day shopping or relaxing in the sun. Sadly, I live in the North and I can happily shop on my lunch break. However, I am visiting Birmingham with a group of my friends today to explore a city we haven't been to before. But first, I wanted to show off my official 'last day of summer' look because it's literally the last day of summer. 
My shorts are a new favourite, bought in a bid to look more summery throughout the warmer seasons because I never usually do. To go with them, I would usually gravitate towards a black t-shirt or something else very dull, so instead I chose to go with a bright pink top which brings out the lighter colours in my patterned shorts. My gladiator sandals have been in my closet for longer than I can remember, they're still in such amazing condition and have become my go-to shoe for the warmer weather. I was actually quite surprised that the metallic tint of the sandals matches well with most items in my wardrobe, making them some of the most versatile shoes I own. 
I hope you're enjoying your bank holiday weekend and get up to plenty of fun!

14 comments

  1. Such a fun outfit! I love your shorts. Also, it's my last year in school, so I feel a bit weird about this year :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coral colour on you is gorgeous! How sad summer is coming to an end!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Love the printed shorts!
    xMC
    http://mc2squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top, such a beautiful colour

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bag and those shorts as well, I like the print! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always forget how many amazing bits can be picked up in Matalan, need to pop in there more often! You look lovely, and I hope you had a fab day in Birmingham (my neck of the woods!)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit looks so good Anika! I love the print and material of your shorts. The top is a gorgeous color. Looks great together.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it and at this time I would like to thank you for all your support!
    Hope you had an amazing weekend!!
    MyLyfeMyStory

    ReplyDelete
  9. summer has gone by so fast! hopefully we'll have some great Autumn days...

    xx Carola // VIENNA WEDEKIND

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw a bag like that in Forever 21 the other day! It's really nice!

    Heba xx ││The HebaBloglovinInstagram

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't beat a bit of coral, love it x
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that cheery shade of coral on you- so pretty! Great sandals too :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This outfit honestly looks so lovely on you. The coral/pink top suits you unbelievably well! x

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne