Benevolent Blue

10 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

It really is strange how a few nice comments can change the worst day into the very best. Everything could be going wrong, you may have just run out of luck; but as soon as someone says a compliment it cheers you up a little bit and makes all the problems seem a little smaller. Well, that's how I feel. I hit 100 followers yesterday through Google Friend Connect, which for me is a huge thing because I never thought this tiny blog would get one comment forget a single follower. I have to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to click follow, read my posts and publish lovely comments too. It means so much, it's unexplainable.
As mentioned in Bright Colour, Bright Mood, I like to brighten up my outfits, especially when I'm in a good mood. Still sticking with this week's obsession of wearing a ton of blue, I often find the best way to make an outfit is with a bright pop of colour or colour blocking, rather than just throwing pattern and all sorts everywhere. Today I wanted most of the focus of my outfit to be on my coat, so I'm wearing charcoal jeans, black shoes and carrying a black bag so most of the attention is going to my top half. 
My top is a 3/4 length shirt/jumper I bought from Next a really long time ago, and is really Just One of Those Tops I can't get rid of, ever. But it does have hints of dark blue in, so I paired it with my bright blue coat that's one of my favourites because I can wear it anywhere and style it to any occasion that comes my way. It looks great with dark colours because of the huge contrast and is always my go-to coat to pair with an LBD. 
Top - Next
Coat - Dorothy Perkins
Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Next
Bag - TK Maxx

24 comments

  1. Omg I love the coat, I have a similar one! It looks so good with the jeans and the top. xx
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of color coat is beautiful. It's so deep. And great sunnies!
    Also, congratulations on getting your 100th follower. Great job.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!
    the jacket is absolutely beautiful!!
    kisses :)

    http://lilusvoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 100 followers! The coat is a gorgeous colour and really suits you :)

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coat! Really adds colour to the outfit.
    Elesaurus

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that coat! And congrats on the 100 followers, your blog is absolutely amazing xx

    Love, Sara Wallflower
    http://sarawallflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for reaching 100 followers! I love your outfit and I love the colour of the coat. I just followed your blog. Looking forward to reading more from you. Hope you'll like my blog too :) x
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I love your coat. That shade of blue is amazing.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on hitting 100 followers!! I'm just starting out so I know how it feels to get excited when you get a new follower hehe. Wishing you many more followers for you :)

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look Ani, I wish we got to see the top better though, but you are killing it! Have to take a trip to Dorothy Perkins soon :) Great post btw

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take a closer look at my top here, I linked it in the post to :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. I love this jacket! The color suits you so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous coat!! You look stunning! :)

    Thanks a bunch for stopping by my blog!! I follow you back on all!!

    Keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pop of colour from the blue coat, you look lovely <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adoro il colore bluette

    WWW.ANGELICHIC.COM

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blue coat compliments your skin tone perfectly, love your style!

    Anna x
    http://collectionsofimperfections.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne