Smart Charcoal

7 July 2014 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

One of the reasons I love darker colours like charcoal is because it's so simple and easy to style. From day to night, or formal and casual. I know it's the middle of summer, and usually people like to wear brighter clothes and styles but I don't see anything wrong with wearing darker colours every so often. Today's quite a gloomy day so I guess you could say I'm dressing for the weather.
Recently, I've seen a lot of blazers being worn in general street style. I always thought of blazers as quite a formal piece of clothing, and always worn them to more sophisticated events. However, after seeing so many people pull them off so effortlessly I decided to wear of to finish of my entire look. A lot of blazers come in very bright colours, and I have found a few I like from Topshop and Urban Outfitters that are unique in size, shape and colour in contrast to my plain black one. Blazers have been a summer trend before, and I still think there's time for this look to become the late summer obsession. 
Shirt - homemade
Blazer - Topshop
Jeans - Next
Shoes - Brantano

5 comments

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne