California Leather

2 July 2014 Eldwick, Bingley, West Yorkshire BD16, UK

Photo Credit
Leather jackets are one of my favourite clothing pieces because they can be worn in so many different ways. I favour leather as a material in general because it's thick, waterproof and durable. Black leather is preferred because black goes with everything, although it does have it's downside such as getting unbelievably hot when in sunlight. During 2009, when I was still in school, almost everyone had a leather jacket - they were a huge trend. Since then, I have always really wanted a leather jacket. Depending on the style, they give you a bit of 'sass'. Especially with black leather jackets, the element of care-free attitude is immediately added to an overall look. 

I think the leather jacket look is one I would like to develop a lot further, as I know there's such a wide variety of jackets out there, and they come in so many different colours. As we enter the thick of summer, I want to experiment with more colours - going out of my comfort zone. Similarly, leather boots, like Chelsea boots are my go-to shoe-type due to their promising features, but over the summer, I would like to try something new. A really good way to sneak in a bit of colour in your wardrobe are graphic t-shirts which were a large S/S trend. Proenza Schouler, Edun, Diane von Furstenberg and Ralph Lauren are just a few big names that featured a graphic print or pattern in their designs.

13 comments

  1. I love your outfit!

    Please check out my channel
    ratchetlia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I really want the boots too,
    xx
    Mia


    http://ssenescence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous!
    love your jacket
    x
    http://anoddgirl.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and casual. Love it!
    I love your blog and I'm definitely following you from now on. Hope you'll stop by my blog, xx

    TRENDGALORE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    Great post, thanks for sharing - love the casual look!

    I have a new summer wedding outfit inspiration post up, let me know what you think:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of navy! :)
    and you have cool leather jacket!

    The Sweetest Escape 
    Romwe Shopping Voucher Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty!
    Just followed you back :)
    xx

    Fashionalatic Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello anika, i just found your blog! it is so amazing, i love your minimalism style! i'm inspired by your looks and your clear&smart blog! follow of course :)

    www.AneciaBlog.pl | fashion, beauty & lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your jeans. Thanks for the follow. Following you back now.

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look!

    http://klasssylife.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne