That Khaki Coat

19 May 2016 Gilstead, Bingley, West Yorkshire

As you may know, I love a good coat. In my ‘Blue Marshmallow’ OOTD, I mentioned how much I really, really like coats – and that’s still true. On occasion, I have to avoid the coats and jackets section of a retail store because I know I have absolutely no self-control when it comes to shopping; and that’s exactly how I found today’s item. It’s a style that I’ve never really worn because I always believed extremely long coats would make me look very Darth Vader-ish and that’s not what I’m going for with my wardrobe. However, after trying it on, and completing a few twirls, I fell in love with that khaki coat.
The colour isn’t one I’m normally drawn to because I believed it would be difficult to find colours that wouldn’t clash with the texture and shade. Nevertheless, I’ve discovered the complete opposite. There’s actually quite a few items in my wardrobe that pair really well with this coat, blue jeans being one of those items. Everyone has a pair of classic blue jeans, no matter what the style. I chose the basic skinny jeans from New Look, but I also see this coat going well with some lighter distressed boyfriend jeans and looking very chic. I like to wear skinny jeans with my suede ankle boots (a forever favourite) because they elongate my legs without being uncomfortable.
As I’m feeling quite down at the moment, and struggling to focus on blogging (or just life in general), having a little gem like this coat is slightly lifting my mood. The Limited Edition M&S coat was bought during their recent spring sale and it was the very last one in store – which seems to be the case for most items I buy. Sadly, I couldn’t find the coat online with the product code as it’s been discontinued, but found a similar one linked below! The khaki coat is acrylic, polyamide and elastane so is full of stretch and extremely soft, it’s also a double breasted number, so I could pair it with a full dress to create a super stylish evening look!
 Coat – M&S (similar) // Top – River Island // Jeans – New Look // Shoes – Next (similar) // Bag – Topshop (only available in red) // Sunglasses  - Next

1 comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne