20 Things to Do This Weekend

27 May 2016 Bingley, West Yorkshire, UK

I wouldn’t call myself much of a social butterfly, but when the weekend comes around, I always like to have plans or something to do. I like to go ‘out out’, but drinking in the same old bars and seeing the usual club-goers every weekend can get boring. I’m 20 years old and would rather watch a marathon of Zac Efron films that go out and party – I know.  But as a way to get motivated to do more, I’ve created a list of things to do this weekend! TGIF!

#1 Attend a cooking class
This is something I’ve never done, but I think would be such a fun idea with a best friend.

#2 Take a random train to somewhere
I try to keep it local, mainly because the price of train tickets is ridiculous – but it’s spontaneous!

#3 Bake bake bake!
Cooking isn’t one of my skills (sadly), but I do enjoy baking. Why not make a few yummy treats?

#4 Spend a day watching Disney movies
I recently watched this Disney Medley on YouTube and fell in love, bring on the movies!

#5 Have a water balloon fight
Depending on the weather, water balloon fights can turn into harmless fun in the sun.

#6 Watch Netflix… all day
Netflix is no longer a pastime for me, it’s a lifestyle. If you’re alone this week, find a friend in TV!

#7 Visit the nearest beach
I love a good beach! There’s nothing like a walk along the sand to cheer me up.

#8 Go on a mini road trip
The weekend is unfortunately only two days, so a mini road trip to the nearest town or city would be fun with friends and family.

#9 Have a camp/bonfire
They’re traditionally reserved for November 5 or just camping, but I love the idea of s'mores in the back yard.

#10 Takeaway takeover
Order from all your favourite takeaway stores and feast with your friends.

#11 Throw a house party
If I don’t want to head out in Leeds, a house party is an alternative option. You just have to deal with the mess afterwards.

#12 Visit a carnival
I love the carnival setting, it’s relaxed and exciting… and an excuse to indulge on candy floss.

#13 Attend a workout class
Not my first choice, but always an option. It’s a lot more fun with your mates too.

#14 Shopping spree!
Is there anything more fun? Time to start blowing those savings.
#15 Visit a farmer’s market
This is something I’ve always wanted to do but never had the chance. Farmer’s markets have so much to offer and help encourage a healthy diet.

#16 Go on a bike ride
Bike riding used to be part of my regular weekly routine and I loved it! It’s amazing exercise and a chance to find some new scenery.

#17 Head to the zoo
Two of my favourites are Chester Zoo and Knowsley Safari Park! I understand zoos are not for everyone, but are a great family weekend out.

#18 Watch beauty tutorials on YouTube
You don’t have to be eager to learn, but they’re a lot of fun to watch and admire.

#19 Backyard pool time
The sun is out a little more, so why not throw a pool party with a blow up pool and floaties?!

#20 A traditional sleepover
The Sleepover Club was one of my favourite TV shows growing up, I’m no longer a teen, but I still love a girly night in.

What are you up to this weekend?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne