The Playsuit: A Summer Essential

27 July 2017

There have been many occasions, where I’m attending an event, going out, or heading to a party and have no idea what to wear. It’s 300 million degrees out, it’s super sweaty and I’m too lazy to find a top that pairs with my favourite shorts. What’s the best option? A playsuit.
Playsuits are very much like Marmite. Some people absolutely love them (me), and live by them (me), and will wear them at any given opportunity (also me). And some people can’t stand them. I must admit, it can get a little tricky when you’ve had one G&T too many and you can’t quite work out how to go to the bathroom properly, but despite this, they’re perfect for me. I’m quite a tall chic, so sometimes shopping for playsuits that hit the right spot can be hard. Some suits have awkward elasticated waists that are too high/too low, and some have the shortest shorts ever – and I’m not about that life.

I bought this piece from TK Maxx in one of their everlasting sales, and saw it sitting (or hanging) there all alone, so I had to buy it. The great thing about playsuits, is that they’re always comfortable, and often pair well with loads of different items in the wardrobe. In the winter, I’ve even worn an all-black playsuit with tights and a cosy cardigan. For summer, I tend to stick to a tropical print, something that’s bright and summery, but never over the top.

Playsuits have become a summer essential, not only because they’re so easy to style, but also because they look amazing on different body types. I used to be really self-conscious and think I could never pull off anything short, so the playsuit became my answer. It keeps me confident, it keeps what I like covered and it keeps me cool through the UK heatwaves.


What’s your favourite thing about playsuits? Or, what’s your summer essential? 


Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne