Netflix Shows You Need to Binge Watch

11 February 2016

My Netflix list is embarrassing long, and never seems to get any shorter no matter how hard I try. Despite the ever-growing list, there are some shows that I can watch for hours on end and never get tired of. Netflix has become the perfect hangover cure, and during my many hours of binge watching shows, I've come across a fun list of favourites.

Suits
I remember seeing this show advertise back in 2011, it become one of those "I want to watch that" shows that I never got round to watching. It sat in my Netflix list for a good few months before I decided to finally start the first episode and decide if I really want to watch it. In the first few minutes, I was immediately gripped. Although it isn't the stereotypical thriller programme, the legal drama comes with an enormous amount of twists and turns. Since watching Suits, I've wanted to work at  Pearson Specter Litt and become a paralegal. I was glued to the first three seasons on Netflix, and loved the show so much, I bought season four DVD.
Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl began as this rather unvalued show on ITV2. My friends and I would watch it every week, and try and figure out exactly who Gossip Girl was. I remember watching the finale and almost falling over from shock after all was revealed. Like Suits, Gossip Girl is a show you can watch for hours on end without realising the time passing by. It's a programme to get wrapped up in, with characters that you'll love and characters you will absolutely despise. All seasons are currently available on Netflix in the UK and the US, and the show is more popular than ever. Although Gossip Girl never had mind-blowing ratings while on TV, it's become the perfect show to binge watch, xoxo.
How I Met Your Mother
HIMYM isn't everyone's favourite show, and it was never mine. Friends would always come first, but this programme is great to binge watch. The characters are quirky and funny, they're full of charm and are extremely relatable. I usually catch two or three episodes on E4, but after seasons 1-9 were added to my list, I watch the show almost every day. It's perfect for binge watching during my lunch hour and the short episodes are what help keep the show interesting. Plus, I usually find myself using the (legendary) catchphrases from the show.
Pretty Little Liars
This show doesn't need any sort of introduction, it's one of the most popular dramas in the world and still continues to maintain it's addicting plot twists. I never know what's coming, and I love it. One of the best things about the show is that most people watch it, so you can join in on the Twitter conversations and Tumblr theories, making this show officially binge-worthy. Although fashion isn't the focus point of the teen drama, it's one of the best shows for a little wardrobe inspiration. If you're not familiar with the show, there are six dramatic seasons to catch up with, and plenty of characters to fall in love with!
Friday Night Lights
If you've following my blog for a while, you will know I'm obsessed with the National Football League and would have never come across this show if it wasn't suggested by (the very handsome) Eric Decker. I was reluctant to watch the show, as I thought it might be quite boring and not have the excitement today's NFL games have. After a few episodes I was hooked and loving the characters. The story is very realistic, and the great acting makes the show a great drama to become fascinated with. The plots twists aren't over the top, and the programme doesn't just consist of football. There are a wide variety of characters, some to love, some to fall in love with and some to absolutely loathe.
Reign
A few people have recommended this show to me, but on hearing that it's set in 1557, I was instantly put off. Period dramas have never been a favourite, from Downton Abbey to Mr Selfridge. The 'old' sense just made it rather difficult for me to become really engaged with the characters, but I still decided to add Reign to my Netflix list. After a recent spring clean of my Netflix list, I played the first epiosde in the background while typing up a new blog post. Since that day, I haven't be able to stop watching the show, it's full of mystery, drama and romance - the perfect ingredients for a binge-worthy television programme.

18 comments

  1. Oh I have watched all of these except Reign. Gotta do that now :D

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only watched PLL, although I watched it when it aired on TV here, and can't remember for the life of me where I stopped watching, so have no idea where to catch up from!!

    Meg | A Little Twist Of…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so guilty of starting about 5 TV shows at once and never finishing them, Gossip Girl and PLL being two! I loooove Once Upon A Time though, I can watch that for hours!! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great shows here! Gossip girl is a massive old favourite of mine, and suits and PLL are amazing :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I need to watch reign been looking for new series to watch

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars are amazing. I need to watch Friday Night Lights. 90210 and Once Upon a Time are also big favourites of mine to watch on Netflix.

    Lauren x | www.laurenapowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to watch all of them!!! Nice post ^^

    xoxo, Syarah
    http://preciouzme.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a very similar taste in tv shows! <3

    Erin | beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to re-watch Gossip Girl and PLL, those are my favorite shows :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need Netflix in my life! Feel like I'm missing out BIG time :(

    hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tips! PLL and Gossip girls are my favorite tv shows! I've just started watching a few episodes of Suits and love it too. ;) Isabella xx http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely watch out these shows!! Thanks for your recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty little liars is my all-time favorite! I think I'm gonna cuddle up with some tea and a blanket and watch last Tuesday's episode! HIMYM wasn't my favorite show either! But then I let it play in the background while I was working on my blog and I started to like it! So easy to watch! ;)

    Love, Layla Rosita | Enter my Realash beauty giveaway here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these shows, Gossip Girl & Pretty Little Liars are my favourites - I even got a Rosewood High shirt haha. x

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm addicted to Reign. Such a good show. Not so keen on the new season of Pretty Little Liars but the previous ones were very engaging. I'd also add The Vampire Diaries to the list. Sadly the latest season is quite boring but I loved the first seasons. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list - I've just finished OITNB which I would highly recommend! Also House of Cards is a great watch!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great blog post, I love watching Pretty Little Liars and Gossip Girl. Currently catching up and trying to watch all of Gossip Girl!

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love PPL and Gossip Girl, I'm actually watching GG for the 2nd time right now as I write this - back to Episode 1, Season 1! I Might need to add How I Met your mother to my list of shows to watch. I also think Big Bang and Friends are fantastic!

    Ree xx | Coffee with Ree

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne