6 Ways to Organise Your Life

23 June 2016 West Yorkshire, UK

Being completely honest, I can be a bit of a mess sometimes. I’m weird because I love to organise and sort things out, but I’m also slightly lazy and have a tendency to let things slip. However, with this in mind, I do think it’s really important to organise my life as I’m now 20 years old and responsible for myself. I have quite a few ways I like to keep myself organised, stay on track and continue to adult at life.

#1 Utilize Your Phone
Just about everybody has one and everybody has used one. Why not make the most of it? There are so many simple, no-nonsense apps like Notes, banking apps, Voice Memos, Calendar, Reminders, fitness and social media apps that help to keep everything in check. They’re easy to use, and always there as most people don’t go far without their phone.

#2 Declutter everything
A totally obvious tip but still helpful! A clean space equals a clear mind and there’s no need for it to always feel like a chore. I’m not big on cleaning myself, but with a solid playlist and comfy clothes, I can dance around the room and enjoy it! Declutting is a lot easier when you have friends with a second opinion too. It’s helpful to think: “Do I actually use this?” and if not, throw it!

#3 Get a notebook
Although I use my phone a lot, I do like to go old school and use a pen and paper. Plus, it’s a way for me to justify the amount of notebooks I own. It doesn’t have to be a crazy expensive book, DIY-made ones or basic refill pads work fine!  I carry a notebook around as much as possible and write everything down: thoughts, to-do’s, lists, reminders and so on. I also make sure to note down the date and deadlines too.
#4 Get a file folder
I started a ring binder of important documents when I received the letter with my National Insurance number on from the HMRC. Since then, everything goes in that folder: driving licence documents, insurance, contracts and so on. It’s really helped me to keep everything in check and safe. Similarly, I’ve made a folder for receipts of expensive items I need to keep for a certain amount of time and even a folder with my work and blogging contracts and agreements!

#5 Buy a diary or agenda
An item I love to shop for. Sadly, my diary drowned when a water bottle leaked in my bag so I had to buy a new one, starting in the middle of the year (ugh stresses me out knowing half of it will be empty) but I can’t leave the house without it. I occasionally forget to put things in my phone, so a diary is a good way to note down important events and times, as well as names and numbers.

#6 Budget, budget, budget
Honestly, I hate budgeting. I hate any sort of task that involves mathematics. Simple adding up it tedious to me, but I still do it because it helps me organise my life. The great thing is, that once you’ve done one monthly budget, the rest is easy! It’s a great method of keeping track of direct debits, as they’re the one thing that tend to bleed my account dry. Also, it’s helpful to budget if you want to plan ahead or open a new savings account.


What are your life organising tips?

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne