5 Things That Make Me Happy

17 June 2016 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

Happy Friday! There’s something about a Friday that just makes everything better. Life feels good when it’s a Friday because freedom is near. Whether it’s the warm and cosy evening before a Saturday shift, or a crazy night out before the early morning hangover – everybody loves a Friday. As I’m in such a great mood today, I thought I would post about five things that make me happy. Despite the weather not being awesome for mid-June (but what else can you expect in the UK?!), I’m still feeling elated and somewhat buzzed even though I can’t pinpoint a specific reason why. Maybe it’s because I’m getting the hang of driving and not as terrified anymore, or maybe it’s because I have a few blog post drafts up my sleeve which makes me feel like I’m a little more on top of things. Nonetheless, today is a Friday. Enjoy it!

Laying in your own bed after a long day
I often find that when I’m hard at work, all I can think about is a nice warm bed. Not because I’m sleepy or tired, but because I absolutely love my bed! The huge pillows and the soft sheets have me daydreaming all day. Even now, the idea of curling up under my puffy duvet and faux fur with Once Upon A Time on in the background while I stalk people on social media sounds like a treat!

A solid cup of tea
As a Yorkshire lass, most people think I’m obsessed with Yorkshire Tea and having it running through my veins. True, I do like Yorkshire Tea and think it’s the best of the bunch, but I also love a good cup of Earl Grey tea, and Twinings have the best Earl Grey teabags in the world. I need the cup to be piping hot, with the perfect amount of mil and absolutely no sugar – just in case you were wondering.

Heavy ainstorms
An unusual thing to make me happy in the middle of summer, but recently there’s been a few cases of heavy rain in the UK and I have loved it! The dark storm clouds accompanied by hours of pouring rain is quite therapeutic, whether there’s thunder and lightning or not. I’m not a fan of the weird rain that’s really light but somehow drenches you, or any rain with wind; but a long and heavy downpour somehow cheers me up.

Throwback playlists
Recently I’ve been listening to a concerning amount of Britney Spears, Hilary Duff and other artists I used to love when I was 5. Any sort of song that was produced and released before 2006 seems to be in my favourites list right now and it makes me reeeaaaally happy. The excitement you feel when you hear and old song and still manage to nail all the lyrics is thrilling. A good way to always brighten the day is listening to things that made you smile before, and will again.

Pinning and pinning and pinning
I was one of those sceptics who at first said “What’s even the point of Pinterest if I have Tumblr?”, but now I can’t live without Pinterest. Now I see the point. I keep creating boards just based on things I like, and it helps my profile to become a lot more personal, even though I use it for blogging and work too. The amount of images, recipes, workouts and ideas I get from the website each day are endless; and I’m become very obsessed.

What’s making you happy today?

Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne