Closet Clean-Out

12 January 2015 Hyde Park, London, UK


There are so many reasons why a closet clean-out is essential this season. We're not even a fortnight into the new year which means there's plenty of time to make the fresh start you promise every year. A brand new wardrobe isn't in my budget, but getting a few pieces here and there is a great way to develop your style and experiment more. I'm a working girl which means I'm always on the lookout for new looks to try that appear professional and stylish. 2015 is just getting started - the perfect excuse to splurging on January's best sales.

Get a head start on spring cleaning. Most people dread it, but there has to be a time when everything needs to be organised before it gets out of control. Claiming you have "nothing to wear" despite a wardrobe bursting at the seems is all too frustrating. Closet cleaning doesn't have to been seen as an upcoming chore, it should be a chance to finally take a look at the hidden gems that have been missing all year.

Spring is almost around the corner, and will arrive much quicker than expected so there's no better time to get your wardrobe in check. You may even be ahead of trends without realising, fashion always comes back around. More is not always the merrier and there's no reason why an 8-year-old jacket can't go to another lucky owner and be worn with pride. There are plenty of different platforms available for selling clothing, from apps like Depop to the ever-popular eBay. Anything that no longer fits, is damaged or simply doesn't suit you does not need to be crumpled and stuffed into the back of your wardrobe!

Any excuse for a fashion show should be taken. Try on just about everything you own just take make sure it still fits and is worth keeping. Organisation in a closet becomes key when you can no longer find something to wear in under 20 minutes. By trying your items on, you may discover mystery pieces that look way better than when you bought them. I recently found a floral bomber jacket I haven't worn since 2012 and it's in perfect condition. Closet cleaning always comes with surprises, so why not start digging?

6 comments

  1. I love this post! These are really great motivating words and tips for the new year and crafting a new/better wardrobe. And I completely agree about how cleaning out your closet can come with surprises! There's a special feeling reserved for finding one of your favorite pieces that you thought you otherwise lost

    http://thestyleunknown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one...am a fashion hoarder as I do a lot of re-alteration to my wears but I'll try cleaning out often...tks 4 d tip!BTW are u Nigerian? www.mahkaravesnrants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And my parents are Jamaican :)

      Delete
  3. thanks for sharing..this is so interesting
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cleaning out my closet

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wardrobe is always super messy ahha.. By the way I love your blog and I decided to follow it on bloglovin if you'd like, check mine :)

    I'm running a GHD eclipse giveaway, if you're interested, check this link:
    little taste of heaven

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne