Staying Fresh

3 January 2015 Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK

Photo Credit
New Year’s resolutions have never worked for me. I always set them, but had trouble sticking to them. The “new year, new me” mind-set always comes into play on New Year’s Eve, but usually by now I would have completely abandoned that philosophy and gone back to being non-productive. Dieting has always been a struggle, I have tried so many different methods but I never stick to them – bad food is just too good. However, this year seems to be different. 2015 seems like it’s already going to be an amazing year. On New Year’s Eve I found out I had been successful in a job interview and finally gotten a (temporary) full-time job. This may not sound like a dream come true for most, but it’s experience and it’s a pay check which are all I need to get started in the real world. The job is in Leeds, which means waking up early to get the train and having a little more responsibility that’s only necessary for someone my age. A new job means I’m going to have to ‘suck it up’ and be confident in my job role to prove I have what it takes and get a grate reference once I’m done.

A new job is the perfect motivation to actually staying on track this year. But my goal isn’t just a fresh start in 2015, it’s to stay fresh. For example, if I want to do something, I’m going to do it. I recently bought 5 books over the Christmas period to freshen up my love for reading and improve my writing skills. Waking up with a positive outlook rather than my first sarcastic thought of the day is a start and a professional job should really help me stay focus and become much better at organising myself.


And finally, blogging. My first real hobby that I threw myself into. I want to keep writing, and posting as much as possible. Even if that means being incredibly busy all the time. Blogging was always a way for me to improve myself and sticking to that is the best method to staying fresh.  

4 comments

  1. Half the problem is just doing things. Like actually moving & going & doing it. Let's make this year awesome. Have a wonderful weekend & happy new year.


    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see where 2015 takes you! It sounds like it will be a great year!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your job and am sure this year will turn out great for you.
    Hugz
    http://maggiepegg.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck girlie

    Check me out
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne