Stuck in Summer

16 October 2016 High Eldwick, UK

The greatest thing about living in Yorkshire is that every time I go for a walk, the scenery looks different. I could pass the same street, and something about it will be different. Usually, it’s the leaves that are changing (my favourite part of the year) or new flowers in bloom. This week, I took a stroll down one of the country lanes that runs behind me house, and the entire pathway was green! It was like being back in summer! I couldn’t believe how bright and alive the trees and bushes looked, even though the street running parallel had trees that were almost bare – it's like this one area is stuck in summer
Warm weather days like today are so easy to dress for. When it comes to fashion in the autumn, I tend to wear a lot of khaki green and black, and plenty of leggings. I can wear leggings for any occasion I absolutely love them. I’ve found that some people absolutely loathe leggings, where others may wear them as pants with a crop top. I’m somewhere in between. I often chose comfort when it comes to leaving the house over style, because if I’m not comfortable I’m not confident. This knitted khaki top from New Look is unbelievably comfortable – I’m so lucky to have found it. It was one of those pieces hanging all alone on a rail, and I decided to bring it home with me. Similarly, I bought this denim jacket from F&F at Tesco last summer and have loved it ever since. It was the last one available at the time and I thought I’d give Tesco a chance. This jacket is way thicker than I expected, and actually quite warm; I barely wore it during the summer because it was too heavy! This makes the coat ideal for autumn days that are not quite hot and not quite cold.

Converse and rucksacks have been my go to regarding my style recently, and if you follow me on Snapchat (where I document anything and everything), you’ll know that I’ve been wearing Converse non-stop for the past fortnight. They’re a shoe I’ve always known but taken for granted recently, until I started wearing them again. I think the classic Chucks go perfectly with jet black leggings and help complete this simple look. 

Jacket // F&F at Tesco
Top // New Look (similar)
Leggings // ASOS
Shoes // Converse
Bag // New Look (similar)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne