Nighty Night Shirt

28 July 2016 Eldwick, UK

Today’s outfit is all about this men’s suit shirt I bought absolutely ages ago, and haven’t let go of since. I’ve always been a fan of shirts, although in 2012, I wore way too many check shirts and now I’m not too keen on them. Still, I’ll always be a fan of the oversized look and this shirt is perfect for that.
I can be pretty lazy when it comes to getting dressed. Sometimes there are days where I really don’t want to put any effort into my appearance, and some days when I just don’t care. A huge shirt is perfect for that kind of mood. With most of my outfits, I hate to feel weighed down so men’s cotton shirts are ideal. I like women’s shirts too, however they’re built with the female body in mind, so have a slight curve for the waist, whereas men’s shirts and tops are usually just straight down the sides which is what I like. During a shopping spree, it’s just so easy to drift off into the men’s section and find way better items that some of the pieces in the ladies’ section.

I have a habit of buying clothes that are too big, and today is no different. With most clothes, I prefer them to be loose-fitting, but with shirts, I go way over the top. I can’t help it! I literally want them to flow in the wind. Also, the bigger the shirt, the skinnier my legs look so that’s always a plus. I picked jeans and shoes that would match my look, my shoes in particular being a new favourite. I’ve had them for a really long time, but recently re-found them during a closet cleanout and found them in tip top shape! I’m so happy I discovered them again as they’ll be perfect for Sunday’s trip to Alton Towers.

Shirt // Tesco (SIMILAR)
Jeans // NEW LOOK
Shoes // Nike (SIMILAR)
Bag // Topshop (SIMILAR
Jewellery // Various charity shops (similar bracelet from NEXT)

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I read every single one and appreciate all the lovely words. I also check out every blog that comments so feel free to leave a link! Anika xo

Copyright © Anika May | UK Life and Style Blog.
Design by Fearne